Printer Setup Repair updated One of our favorite tools for resolving issues with the Mac OS X printing system -- Printer Setup Repair -- has received an update to version 5.1 TE, which adds the following new features, among others:
- option to automatically backup and restore the printing system when performing a printing system reset.
- PPD files can be batch installed, moved or removed, and the contents of individual PPD files can be examined.
- A toolbar has replaced the options menu.
- an administrator-free mode.
- ability to delete temporary spool files from the tmp directory located inside the /private/var/spool/cups/ directory.