Apple has released Mac OS X 10.5.6, which resolves a slew of bugs, and increases performance and stablity for a number of system components. Among the enhancements purported in this update:
- AirPort Improves the reliability of AirPort connections, including improvements when roaming in large wireless networks with an Intel-based Mac.
- Graphics Includes general improvements to gaming performance; includes fixes for possible graphics distortion issues with certain ATI graphics cards.
- MobileMe Contacts, calendars, and bookmarks on a Mac automatically sync within a minute of the change being made on the computer, another device, or the web at me.com.
- Time Machine Fixes issues that could cause Time Machine to state the backup volume could not be found.
- Safari Improves compatibility with web proxy servers.
- Networking Improves Apple File Service performance, especially when using a home directory hosted on an AFP server; improves reliability and performance for AT&T 3G cards.
The relatively large release is available in the following types:
- Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update (delta) [372MB]
- Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo Update [668MB]
- Mac OS X Server 10.5.6 [469MB]
Problems after updating? Please let us know.Resources