An odd issue, which we have reported on previously, is still hassling users taking advantage of Spaces in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. When another Space is selected using the keyboard shortcut, the Spaces selection window freezes on screen and disables the keyboard for typing.
Apple Support Discussions thread poster "neu242" describes the issue:
A couple of times a day, the keyboard stops working when I select another space using a keyboard shortcut. It does not happen every time I switch spaces.Another thread shares similar issues. Some users find that by unplugging their keyboard (for those using external keyboards) and plugging it back in they regain functionality. The only other workarounds that seem to help are the ones described in the post by "neu242". Users can also follow the directions that Topher offers in his post on this a couple weeks ago. As always, we will continue to monitor this situation and update you as soon as we find a solution.
The only thing that makes the keyboard responsive again is either a reboot, or performing a standby + resume.
- The Spaces selector stays on-screen, it doesn't fade away as usual
- The keyboard is unresponsive for regular typing (such as in a text document or in Terminal)
- I can still use keyboard shortcuts to move to another space
- The Keyboard Viewer still shows keys as I type them
- The mouse and touchpad works as it should