In the case that you are prompted for a keychain password to a machine you no longer have access to or have forgotten the password for, follow these steps:
- You will be resetting the master keychain password file used during syncing, so users should backup their data on all machines before continuing.
- To reset the master keychain password file, navigate to the Finder menu bar > Go > Utilities and Open Terminal.
- In the Terminal window, choose the
Mac OS you are running and enter the appropriate command (copy/paste to be sure you get the precise code):
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Mac OS X 10.5 or earlier
- Press Return. A message will appear in Terminal after the code executes similar to: "Removing /Library/Keychains/.syncinfo/ login.keychain.syncinfo.plist was successful."
- Quit Terminal and sync with MobileMe. (System Preferences > MobileMe > Sync).