So, without further adieu, follow these steps to change your icons:
- First, you will want to find some cool icons to change your folders or applications to. There are many free icon sets available on the Internet, including from Apple's Downloads pages. For this tutorial, I downloaded the Star Trek icons, currently featured on the front page.
- Once the file downloads and unzips, you will see the Icons folder (where the icon files are located).
- Find the icon you wish to use, highlight it, and press (Command + i) to "Get Info". You can also access the "Get Ifo" window by navigating to File > Get Info. I, of course, used the Enterprise icon.
- Now, find the folder for which you wish to change the icon. Press (Command + i) to "Get Info". You should now have two "Get Info" windows open on your Desktop.
- Make the Enterpise "Get Info" window active. Click on the icon in the top-left corner. You will notice a blue highlight appear. Now, press (Command + C) to copy the icon image.
- Make the folder "Get Info" window active. Click on the folder icon in the top-left corner. Press (Command + V) to paste the Enterprise icon image in place of the folder icon.