Apple has updated a support document that details MobileMe enhancements for an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0. The updates include the following features.
On an iPhone or iPod Touch, a user can search all messages including those stored on the MobileMe "cloud" (server). You can search in the From, To, and Subject fields.
- iPhone 3GS users can publish videos to a Gallery album.
- If no Gallery albums exist, an album is automatically created when publishing a photo or video from the iPhone.
Push Contacts and Push Calendar
- There's an option to merge existing contacts and calendars on first sync from iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Deleting a MobileMe account or turning off contact and calendar sync on iPhone/iPod Touch allows users to keep a copy of the data on the device.
- iPhone contacts that sync with MobileMe maintain ringtone associations.
Details regarding Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe are included; we've covered both topics previously.
Apple has a complete list of MobileMe service updates since August 2008 .