The core structure and design of the app remain largely the same, but Google added several new useful features that make browsing and organizing your messages easier. Here are the highlights.
- You now can jump between messages by swiping horizontally across your iPhone or iPad display. This new action saves you from having to close an e-mail and return to your home screen before you can move on to your next message.
- The app now supports up to five Gmail accounts.
- With the Search bar, you can scan your inbox and folders using a contact's name or a specific term. Predictive text can save time as you type.
- In a very welcome move, you'll be able to organize a group of messages simultaneously using the Action Bar. After making your selections, you then can archive the messages, delete them, mark them as unread, or report them as spam.
- After creating a message, you can add multiple attachments, including a drawing that you sketch right in the app. Just note that if you want to attach a photo, you can use only images that are already in your camera roll.
The updated app is now available for download from the iTunes App Store.