The iPhone 5 is still the king of the iPhones, but activations of the 5S and 5C continue to grow.
The 5S now accounts for 3.8 percent of all iPhone activations across the world, while the 5C has carved out 1.7 percent, mobile analytics firm Localytics said on Monday. The overall 5.5 percent is a hefty rise from the less than 1 percent seen by Localytics following the opening day weekend for the two phones. The iPhone 5 is on top with almost 40 percent of all iPhone activations, but it's had more than a year to catch on.
Japan had the highest percentage of active iPhone 5S and 5C handsets at 10 percent of all iPhones. The US was in second place with a 6.4 percentage, a healthy gain from a month ago.
As of September 26, the two new iPhones had accounted for 2 percent of all active iPhones in the US, according to Localytics. That percentage itself was up from the 1.4 percent seen in the US on September 22 during the first weekend of sales for both devices.
The popularity of the 5C versus that of the 5S varies heavily by country. In Germany, the 5S accounts for 87 percent of all activations between the two, leaving the 5C with just 13 percent. But in the US, the 5S has snagged 67 percent so far, awarding the 5C with 33 percent of all activations between the two.
To compile its data, Localytics looked at more than 40 million unique iPhone devices and analyzed the ratio of 5S and 5C activations from September 20 to October 25.
Apple is due to release its results for the fiscal fourth quarter at 2:00 p.m. PT today.