Add Maingear to the very short list of PC vendors selling an 11-inch gaming laptop, with the new Pulse 11.
The 11-inch gaming laptop has had a bit of an up-and-down history. First the Alienware M11X made a big splash at CES in 2010, then it was quietly discontinued this year, just as Intel's new Ivy Bridge CPUs hit. At the same time as the Alienware model was going away, boutique PC maker Origin introduced the Eon-11, an 11-inch gaming laptop in the same vein.
- PC market expected to post steepest decline ever in 2013
- Tablets to carve out nearly half of PC market next year
- Five-deal Friday: Cheap iTunes gift cards, free Amazon Prime, and more!
- Cheapskate giveaway: Enter for a Chance to Win a sweet prize from Lenovo!
- Get a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 convertible for $299
A few weeks later, Maingear has its version, the Pulse 11. Despite the small frame, the system can handle a full-voltage third-generation Core i7 processor, and Nvidia's new GeForce GT 650M. Full specs are as follows:
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M with 2GB GDDR3/Intel GMA HD GPU
- Display: 11.6-inch (16:9) HD (1,366x768) LED-backlit display
- Processor: Third-generation Intel Core i7 and i5 processors, up to Intel Core i7 3612QM (35W)
- Memory: Up to 16GB dual-channel DDR3 - 1,600MHz
- Hard drive: Up to 1x 600GB SSD or 750GB 7,200rpm SATA hybrid hard drive
- Network adapter: Internal 802.11 B+G+N wireless LAN + Bluetooth combo module
- Audio: Two built-in speakers with THX TruStudio Pro Sound
- Media card reader: Built in 9-in-1 media card reader (MMC/RSMMC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/SD/Mini-SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home, Professional, or Ultimate 64-Bit
- Battery: Removable smart lithium ion battery pack (six-cell)
- I/O ports: One HDMI 1.4a out; two USB 3.0; one USB 2.0; one headphone jack; one microphone jack; one RJ-45 LAN
- Security: Kensington Lock
- Dimensions: (W)11.30 inches by (H)1.46 inches by (D)8.15 inches, 3.97 pounds with battery pack
- Price: Starts at $999
The Pulse 11 is available to order now.