"Failed < 30 days"1.5 starson by time4areview
Pros: 1. Player worked well (while it worked).
2. Liked the disk resume feature to pick up wathcing amovie where we left off the eveing before.
3. Large on screen icons on GUI made them easy to see at a distance of 9-10 feet.
Cons: 1. Began to encounter 'disk errors' when playing DVDs (DVDs worked fine in other players) < 30days
2. Drive began making grinding and clunking sounds after < 30 days use.
3. Firmware 'buggy'. Two updates required in < 30 days.
4. Clearly L
Summary: Needed immediate firmware upgrade right out of box to correct audio glitch at chapter breaks when playing DVDs. Began to encounter 'disk errors' and noted drive grinding and clunking after less than 30 days of use. Returned to vendor for refund. Will consider different brand. Too bad quality and reliability is so poor as this LG unit had the right combination of features. Unfortunately I do not have the time, patience, or inclination to get on the revolving returns bus in the hopes of eventually cherry picking a 'good' unit.Cons:
Updated on Sep 14, 2011
4. Clearly LG has serious quality control issues with this unit.