"A total disappointment"0.5 starson by HTInstaller
Pros: None, none, none, none
Cons: Under powered processor, clunky inconsistent menus, poor button and USB placement
Summary: Bought this based on the Panasonic AV reputation. What a disappointment.
1. The Tray and Power buttons are poorly placed, inducing numerous unintentional presses.
2. The menu, apps, and graphics overwhelm the processor, pausing, freezing, etc. You'd think they would design graphics the unit could handle.
3. The style of navigation changes. It's like each section was designed by a different person. The main menu follows the D-pad directly, others use different versions of the standard navigate>enter system. Stupid.
4. USB port is in front, and under the cover, so leaving one plugged in for BD Live means the cover stays open. Also stupid. (the Samsung this replaced offered USB on the front, AND back, so I could leave one in place, and still plug in media)
5. Like the other apps, Netflix is clunky, and shifts quality, usually staying low. I using a wired conenction and it still can't play HD consistantly. (My TV plays VUDU and Netflix just fine in HD, even over WiFi)
6. From reading the reviews at Panasonic, there is clearly an issue with the WiFi on this unit, beyond just slow speed.
This cannot even be close to the best BD Player of 2012. CNEt must be taking payoffs to rate this so high