"Firmware needs major improvements!"2.5 starson by testdrivela
Pros: ID looks great!
Cons: Streaming services all have issues and lack flexibility in control interface
Summary: I bought this player because of cnet's review, and now i wish i hadn't.
1. Netflix load time is terrible (actually 57 seconds) compared to:
Sony S570: 45s
Sony S580: 46s
WD TV Live Hub: 38s
(I have all 4 units and use FiOS, so connection speed is not an issue)
2. YouTube videos CANNOT be fast forwarded or reversed and on top of that, play, stop buttons won't work, have to use arrow keys instead (come on, Panasonic, what are you thinking!!!!?)
3. NO subtitle button on the remote (had to navigate thru menus every time)
4. Skype cannot be used without a camera.
5. Quite the contrary to what the reviewer emphasized, the menu is very hard to use and navigate (exit button takes you to the homescreen no matter what, then what is the point of Home button?) I actually prefer Sony's interface, much better.
These are just deal breakers for me.