"Nice for the Price"2.5 starson by bigvar
Pros: Cheap. Ready to use right out of the box. Just charge & play
Cons: Limited nav options. Limited ( software ) menu options.
Summary: First things first the unit it's self looks amazing, and is easy to use. All the features that are advertised work pretty well. With that being said here is a small list of issues I have with this navigation system.
1) You can not place calls from your call list it's a view only option.
2) You can not disconnect the bluetooth conection via the unit only from the cell phone it's self. -- It realy isn't a problem just a little hassel.
3a) The POI ( piont of interest ) is lacking current names ( Ex. Mobile gas station in my neighborhood is now Lukoil, but the AVIC-S1 says Mobile. )
3b) The POI is far from up-to-date there are two WaWa's only blocks away from my house and the closest location AVIC-S1 can find is on the other side of Philly.
4) There is no listing of your route so you can not plan for known detours.
5) The navigation software makes ten or twelve little lefts and rights instead of one or two turns. (it's trying to do a diagonal across from one point to another).
6) In the package there's only one " true mount " there's a suction cup mount and an adhesive sticker to suction it to the dash.
With a few large software upgrades this unit could be the best out there. But it's half the price of the Garmin Nuvi 350/360 and it will get you where you need to go, just an extra $10 or $12 dollars in gas.