For this week's Crave giveaway, we're serving up Roxio's latest 3D-enhanced version of its digital media suite, Roxio Creator 2011.
We don't often give away software here on Crave, but this week we're offering up Roxio's latest 3D-enhanced version of its digital media suite, Roxio Creator 2011, to one lucky winner.
As CNET's Jasmine France writes in a recent blog post, "The new version of Creator includes the ability to import video from popular 3D video cameras, and it lets users edit said videos and even select from a variety of integrated 3D transitions. You can also save 3D videos to various formats and burn discs on 3D-capable media. As an added bonus, the suite is also capable of converting 2D photos and videos to 3D (as shown in the screen grab above). Of course, none of this would be possible without the requisite 3D glasses, and Roxio includes a pair in the package with the software."
Normally, Roxio Creator 2011 would cost about $100, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this software package? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Roxio Creator 2011 software package with a retail value of $100.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, August 30 at noon EDT.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on August 30, 2010. See official rules for details.