Pros I liked the sales pitch proclaiming unlimited voice, text and walkie talkie for only $50 per month.
Cons The only thing "Unlimited" about Boost Mobile is the amount of time you will spend without reliable service. Dropped calls and barely audible voice connections are the norm. Texting is useless.
Summary Boost Mobile is the worst "service" I have ever received in any genre of "service". Be it AOL internet, A "Scenic Route" Auto Mechanic, or a Liberian Prince with generous offers to stash his family's Royal fortunes in my bank account, Boost Mobile was the worst of the lot. The only thing "Boosted" by Boost Mobile was my wallet. I would not recommend Boost even if it were free.
Pros I got boost mobile when I first came to the Los Angeles because I was from out of the country and had no credit rating for a regular plan, but there has to be better prepaid options then these jokers
Cons - Bad selection of phones
- Poor call quality and lots of dropped calls
- Couldn't make calls when I left SoCal area
- Horrible website that made it hard to even pay my bill
- Annoying automated voice that seems to target 15 year old hoodlums.
Summary The Big Two cases that finally made me switch:
1. One night I couldn't send or receive phone calls so I hopped on my landline (luckily I had one through my ADSL internet connection). The service rep explained that all THREE towers were not working and that they should be up and running in the next day or so!!! No offer to compensate me for their drop in expected service, no apology. Luckily it wasn't an emergency and I didn't need 911 service and had a backup landline.
2. My friend was going to the airport the next day so we booked a pick-up for her from a regular service. The next day we still hadn't heard from the shuttle so we phone to check, they said it would be there soon. Another hour passes... nothing! We phone again and they say they had come by and phone and left messages and wrung the buzzer (which goes to my cell phone) and no one picked up. As we were making the call, suddenly my phone FINALLY receives all these voicemails from the shuttle company. Since the voicemails came in so late and for whatever reason the calls never made it through I had to drive my friend to the airport wasting $40 in shuttle expenses and my entire morning that I should have been at work.
These guys are a joke, don't get them just because they are cheap, it will cost you far more money in the long run. Get a reliable service that you can count on.
"What a Rip Off"on by VBussell
Pros Pretty, but pricy phones
Cons Doesnt get a signal or work where they told me it would and where it says they have coverage on their website. Paid more than $500 for two phones for my grandsons that are now useless since they dont get a signal
Summary Dont believe their coverage map on their website or their salesmen in the Boost Mobile stores; they just want to sell you their phones. Didnt do anything to compensate me when they ended up not getting a signal
Pros Cheap Plans
Cons If you have problems with your phone you have to send it in to be repaired and be with out your phone for 3 weeks.
Summary BOOST MOBILE SUCKS
Pros Cheap price on service and phones.
Cons Text & Multimedia messaging work 50% of the time. Customer Service Poor. Dropped Calls a few time a week with full bars. Incoming callers get service outage messages a lot.
Summary Boost Mobile has serious problems with Text (SMS) and MultiMedia (MMS) messaging. After over 8 hours working with technical support I still only receive about half of the SMS sent to me by other carriers. The ones I do receive often come in 1-15 hours late. Outgoing text messages sometimes never make it to destination.Their E-mail service rarely works and returns error messages most of the time. Dropped calls are not frequent but a few times each week, with full signal, calls drop and I receive a service message on-screen. Incoming callers often get strange service messages such as, searching for subscriber, unavailable subscriber, subscriber not found, etc. Customer service is the worst. Weekends seem to be outsourced overseas. Weekdays Boost has hired people who barely care and can't fix anything without sending you to higher level support. That level informs you of an outage, national or local and says wait 24-72 hours. Call back, same story. After weeks of getting this run around I called shenanigans on them and the admitted it was not true and they often use that excuse to offload customers problems to somebody else. Go on further, you will have a "Network Technician" report filed and somebody will contact you within 24 hours. But amazingly, they do not contact you and nothing ever gets fixed. Oh, did I mentioned that on several occasions the Boost Mobile customer service phone system automatically hung-up at exactly 60 minutes?! I would ever suggest Boost Mobile to anybody under any circumstances. No matter what your situation you can do better than Boost Mobile!