Pros Large buttons make for easy texting if you are looking for a big flip phone. I did not find the texting to be slow.
Cons See the main flaws list in the summary. They were too numerous to list here.
Summary The main flaws are as follows:
1. Very large for a flip phone. I like a phone that fits in my pocket... this thing is like a brick.
2. Battery Life is poor. The battery lasted for about 2 days while I was hardly using the phone at all.
3. The battery is accessed by snapping off the back of the phone. That's right, it snaps on and off. This is a huge design flaw in my opinion as moisture will inevitably get inside the phone.
4. The text messaging interface is HORRIBLE. There is no "inbox". They instead display the "thread" of the conversation. Meaning, if I reply to a text then it will show only the reply, then if I open it the original message will display. I understand this is to make conversations easier to follow, but I found it to be very confusing and difficult to tell if I had received a message. You cannot just view a list of your received messages.
4. Pushing the "pound" key will automatically dial emergency services. I was told by the manufacturer that you cannot disable this feature. I'm not into dialing 9-1-1 by accident.
This very large phone seems very cheaply made. It appears that they tried to make a flip phone with smart-phone characteristics (for example it has a huge front screen with a silly graphic that displays every time you close the phone that drains the battery for no reason). The menu interface is difficult to use and overcomplicated and you cannot customize it.
When I buy a flip phone I want it to be small, simple, easy to use and durable. I also want a nice long battery life. This phone is none of these things.
A actually bought a used phone rather than use this one. I guess sometimes newer is not better.
Oh, and also, the time does not display accurately on the front screen. You have to open and close the phone sometimes to get the correct time.
Pros None at all.
Cons Does not stream video.
Camera is faulty.
Cricket tech support said it could stream video and it can not do it.
Volume is so high that it shakes the speaker.
Summary Was looking for a phone to upgrade. Can not afford a smartphone so I decided to get this one through Cricket which I am already with. First off, I asked Cricket's tech support if it could stream video. They said it could. Well, the guy lied. It can't. I know I should have done more research on it myself, so I am partly at fault on that. But being lied to by someone that works at the company you have been a paying customer for the last two years still is VERY bad customer service. Plus the camera would NOT save pictures at all! It would just take the photo and say that it could not save the photo. Can not play mp3 ringtones either. Volume is so bad on the rear speaker that it shakes the phone. It is a complete waste of money. Stay away from it.