Pros I have had the Samsung Impression for approximately two months and I cannot find a single thing that I like about this phone.
Cons The list below is a comprehensive list of the issues that I have had with this device.
Summary 1) Call Quality is horrible. I have to have the sound at the highest level to hear even an average call in a quiet location. If I am at a busy store, or other location, I don't even attempt a phone call.
2) There is not a Speed Dial evident. I do not count the Widget for favorites as a speed dial, since I cannot utilize my Blue Ant with this feature.
3) Voice Dialing is not available.
4) The widget bar is not nearly as customizable as I would like. You can only select from a predetermined list of shortcuts and messaging is not one of the options.
5) The phone shuts down and reboots itself intermittently.
6) The Lock Button on the right side is inconvenient and hard to get to. The way that the LG Xenon's lock button was setup was more usable.
7) The phone randomly dials my contacts, while sitting on my desk at work. Nothing is touching it, and it just starts dialing.
8) You cannot power the phone down unless it is unlocked, you have to unlock the screen to do anything.
9) Cannot setup GTalk as one of the IM Clients.
10) Cannot save photo's directly to folders, must let it save to its default location and then move them.
It is evident that the phone itself has issues and it is being replaced by my carrier, but even with out the rebooting, and random dialing this phone is a poor choice for a messaging phone. This phone was a replacement for the phone I originally purchased. The LG Xenon had a much better feature line up and was more usable and had much better call quality.
I attempted to own one other Samsung phone a couple of years back and had the same problems with voice call quality. I only kept that phone for 5 days before returning it.
I would not in good conscience recommend this phone to anyone.
Pros looks good, easy to use, nice options and settings
Cons My soul purpose of getting this phone is for texting, yet I have to restart my phone about 3 times a day because it'll decide it doesn't want to send or receive texts anymore! I'm waiting for a software update.. Piece of junk!
Summary This phone makes me wish i could go back and choose another phone...knowing i'm stuck with the piece of junk for another year and a half eats at my soul
Pros good keyboard, good screen, easy to navigate
Cons texting, can't send videos
Summary This phone was supposed to be a texting phone, at least that is what I was told. I am a huge texter and I got this phone for that reason. The keyboard is very nice, and perfect for texting, but there are some issues with the messaging.
One issue is the phone will freeze on you at least once or twice a day. No my phone is not defected because I've already had two Impressions, believing this issue was the source of the problem for my first Impression. For some reason when you try to send a text, the message will freeze in the sending process and the only way to fix it is to spend 3-4 minutes restarting the phone.
Another issue is if you are a fast texter like me, you will send messages like this: te dog wnt into th hous, instead of "the dog went into the house." If you text too fast, the phone will not read some of your letters. You will send confusing texts to people and it gets extremely annoying.
Another issue, is you will also. Send some. Texts like. This. That's right, the phone also sometimes inserts random periods and capitalized the next letter.
This phone is a very snazzy device and is very fun and convenient to use....if you are not a big texter.
Pros wonderful touch screen, very accurate. it shows colors wonderfully. it was my first touch screen and i'm glad it works.
Cons no games can be played without going on the internet. WILL NOT SEND MESSAGES. this is my 2nd impression and it still will not send messages without me turning it off and back on each time they won't send. also-cannot text while on the phone.
Summary do not get this phone unless you like a bad phones or enjoy turning your phone on and off again 20 times a day.
Pros Small, great battery life, good for music, good speakers, loud, turns on fast, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, expandable memory, decent 3MP camera with video, decent photo editing
Cons Freezes, gets texts late, glitchy, defective, charger/headphone jack is the same, needs a $10 adapter to use regular headphone with it, microSD card behind battery, lags, slow, "butt dials", keyboard messes up if you type too fast
Summary First off, I would give this no stars if I could.
This phone was great, AT FIRST. This was my first phone and it was only $29.99, so this was what my parents bought this. I loved it for about the first COUPLE WEEKS. Then, here come the glitches!
1) I got a text the next morning after it came.
2) In caller ID, I clicked on my aunt's name, and it showed me my mom's call time info.
3) I was texting a friend and I swear that I sent it to her, but It ended up going to my grandmother.
4) I started noticing that a couple minutes before it told me I had a text, it would buzz. But it wouldn't tell me I had a text, and it wasn't in my inbox when I went to see. When the text came in, it said that it had gotten a couple minutes before. It was an absolute MIRACLE when I got a text on time.
5) Once I start hearing music from my pocket. It was the phone! It started playing in my pocket!
6) I would pull my phone out and I'd have a voicemail from someone because I had called. I "butt dialed" people ALL THE TIME! I left a 5 minute voicemail for a friend before I noticed it had called her!
7) I'm walking out of church and I try to call my mom. It wouldn't let me! It told me emergency calls only. It resolved after I turned it on and off, but that shouldn't happen!
I should have traded it in while a still could after the first sign of problems, but I didn't. MISTAKE.
This is the tip of the iceberg. These are only the things that are easy to explain and are things the phone is supposed to do right. You can get more features that don't mess up on other phones.
Bottom line: DO NOT BUY. STAY AWAY. I had this phone from September to February. 6 months. This is what I got. DO NOT BUY. STAY AWAY. Go buy a Nokia. I got out of this nightmare with a hand-me-down iPhone. I got lucky. Once again: DO NOT BUY. STAY AWAY.