"Its Xbox 360... Improved!"4.0 starson by sebassupastar
Pros: HDMI - 120gb... and all the magic that makes 360 a winner.
Cons: Lots of cons... see review for details.
Summary: Ok. First : This hasn`t been released yet. And I don`t think an honest review of the product can be made so far. Screw the PS3 vs Xbox flamers that keep ******** over their favourite console`s competitor.
If you`re a 360 owner already, this is not a very welcome addition from microsoft cuz it probably pisses you off that you don`t get it and its not a good buying option for you. But this console isn`t on the market for 360 owners... I feel your pain, but ****, no1 wans to hear you ranting about it.
Now, if you`re in the market for a next-gen console, the 360 elite has alot to offer you.
1. Actually, huge library of games (in comparison of ps3). tho in a year or so it may even out.
2. Faster loading times for games (vs ps3)
3. Multi platform games are being developped for the XBOX first, so the other versions are usually less good.
4. Game developpers find it more easy to develop games on the XBOX due to its 3 general-purpose processors. That probably means that more games will come out on Xbox360.
5. Included headset, HDMI cable. (ps3 dont)
6. Controllers have a good feel. (ps3 dont)
7. Possible HD-DVD capability (for an extra $200). I put this as an advantage because, if you dont want it you dont pay for it. And if you want it, well its better to have a separate unit play your high def dvds, this way you don`t use up your console. (remember how playing dvds made your last gen consoles screw up).
8. Peer to peer online (vs ps3 dedicated servers.) Well even if this usually means more lag in games, it also means developpers don`t have to spend extra money to include online support in their games. Ps3 devs must run dedicated servers which cost them money. And no1 guarantees they will support it forever.
9. Games look better. Go read reviews about it. No arguing here. Not bcuz the 360 is a better machine but see #3 and #4.
10. Because it was released first, has the market advantage.
1. You pay for online (ps3 is free)
2. Game developpers have to develop games with minimal hd use to accomodate all 360 owners since MS had the great idea to release a HD-less version of the 360.
3. Machine is less powerful than ps3. More limited in capacity. Might be overcome by ps3 2-3 years from now.
4. 360`s have a history of breaking down at a freaky rate. Some people report having to change their xbox up to 5 times since its release due to console failure. Thankfully microsoft replaces them (with refurbished parts). Don`t know if the new elite will be fixed, but buy the store exchange program if u can. (ps3 has had reports of console probles also, but comes nothing close to the plague-level of broken 360`s)
5. Xbox is sided with HD-DVD, a media that will probably lose the high definition media war due to its weak marketing strategy.
6. Nothing is free with xbox live.
7. Lack of good RPG games in its libary. Sony is known to hold the exclusives with many japanese RPG developpers. too bad.
8. Wireless internet connection is not included and costs $120 CAD (for the MS part) you can find a regular part for half that price though. (ps3 has it included)
Bottom line :
What makes this console a better choice has nothing to do with its specs as it is inferior to the ps3 in that area. Its the gaming community`s choice because a) it was released first b) has more games c) game developers like it more, making it the first choice.
Price is not and advantage at all with the 360. If you put both consoles in comparison, the 360 actually costs more. That is if you want it to have High def media capacity and wireless internet capability like the PS3.
A tough choice, but I`m going for the 360 elite when it comes out hoping it wont break for a while.Updated
Update on Con #7.
Square, the game developper behind the Final Fantasy series, and a leader in the RPG gaming scene has broken the exclusivity with sony and has announced that its next installment in the FF series will not be a ps3 exclusive.
This probably means that they will develop games for the 360.
This announcement alone has a huge effect on sony`s playsation fanbase. Go read the playstation and xbox forums. See how ps3 fans are crying and how xbox fans are laughing.Updated
Square, the game developper behind the very famous Final Fantasy game series, a leader in the RPG gaming scene, has just announced that it has broken the exclusives with sony and that the next installement in the FF series will not be a ps3 exclusive.
Though they haven`t confirmed it yet, its a safe assumption the next FF game is coming to X360.
This is a big blow to the sony fanbase. The forum community is shocked by this press release.Updated
I went and bought this system.
Here`s what I bought with it.
1 elite remote
1 play & charge kit
1 12 month xbox live card
1 wireless network adapter
1 extended warranty (Read down to see why)
Basic gear, nothing fancy here. Ended up laying down more than 1000$ (cdn) for the gaming system and to have it be online ready (1 year then another $60). Its far from the $550 price tag and might make you think twice before diving in the new-gen console market. Maybe you can save a few bucks if u don`t need the wireless adapter.
Picked up the 3-year extended warranty (100$cnd) from Future Shop. I was compelled to do it by the bad reputation the console has. All numerous reviews on the poor reliability for the xbox360 console and all the nightmare stories you can read from users who had to return theirs more than once were more than enough reason to grab the warranty.
I NEVER buy those extended warranty. I know they`re a rip-off. But they have proven useful to many xbox360 users who have had theirs fail. Get a brand new one instead of a refurb that won`t last past a few months.