Pros Most comfortable controller of 3 systems (The Wavebird is amazing), exclusive games are top notch (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Donkey Konga, Mario Kart) , great graphics and sound easily outpace PS2 and are very close to Xbox quality, first-party games are v
Cons The GameCube is a game system. Period. Extremely limited online play, if any.
Pros Best graphics of all 3 systems and most durable
Cons a library of crappy games with little 3rd party support
Summary Calm down kiddies let me explain. I bought the GameCube to play Super Smash Brothers Melee (probably one of the best games ever) and was surprised to see how small the game library was after SSBM. But before we get into that, the pros.
1) Don't let the little box fool you, the GameCube had the best graphics out of the 3 systems at the time. This was especially apparent in the Metroid games, Soul Calibur II & III, Resident Evil series and Zelda Twilight Princess.
2) The controllers are brilliantly designed and by far the most comfortable ever on any system. Im a 200lb. 6',2" guy and the controller felt perfect in my hands and all of the buttons were accessible compared to the X-Box and PS2 controllers.
3) The price isn't too bad either, I bought the system when it sold for $149.99 and realized how touch it is to damage it. This is a well built piece of machinery.
Now on to the cons
1) VERY little third party support, it was disapointing to see most of the really good third party games go to PS2 or X-Box while the GameCube had it's large library of Pokemon, Billy Hatcher and Monkey Ball crap-fest games. ***? The power of the system is useless when the library of games are pathetic. This is the case with Nintendo, yes it has impressive graphics and sounds, but without the good games it just sits there collecting dust. It's like having the most expessive, most glorious, tallest building in the world, but no one moves in, it's useless.
2) Too many Mario based games. What I mean by this is Mario Soccer, Mario DDR, Mario Tennis, Mario Baseball, what's next? Mario Underwater Basket Weaving?
3) The GameCube disks are cool, but they shot themselves in the foot when they made the disks small and their competitors made normal sized CD-DVD disks. No, playing DVDs or CD's isn't a must, but it does make the system more entertaining when you can play movies and music.
4) NO Online games, just one, Final Fantasy. Great game but hardly a reason to buy the Broadband attachment. Come on Nintendo! While Sony and Microsoft made their systems more fexible by online gaming, music and movie capabilities, the GameCube wasn't even in the running. Their response to this was to build a gaming machine. That's great but where are the good games? When the good games came out they were few and far in between.
In conclusion, the GameCube had the better specs and more graphics, but because of their limited game library it never stood a chance against PS2 or X-Box. You can call me a fan boy or whatever but this is reality. Come next year I'm probably going to invest in a PlayStation 3 and leave the kiddie games to the Nintendork fan boys. R.I.P. Nintendo
"Classic Console"on by TheRekcah
Pros Although rather old, a few of it's games still hold up well today. Also, this is the perfect console if you can't afford the multi-hundred dollar newer consoles. [You can get this for only $30 used, compared to the $300 for a new Xbox 360.]
Cons Well, it's sort of old. Graphics aren't nearly as good as new games, but sometimes that improves their game-play quality.
"great game system!!"on by gouldj
Pros small size and small game disks, handle for carrying, easy to use, fun games, not very expensive, controller feels good in hand, ect!!
Cons non that i can really think of!!
Summary a great game system, especially if you are on a budget. almost everything is great on this systen, including its small size, pretty good graphics, fun games, controllers feel good when held, small game disks and memory cards, a totally portable system, and so much more!! there arent really any cons to this system, unless you want to play dvd's and cd's on this system. other than that, this system is perfect!!
"If you enjoy the classic franchises brought to you by Nintendo, you will have a blast!"on by urluckyday
Pros Fast processor speed, decent graphics, 4 control ports, classic franchises, compact, several color choices, cheaper than other consoles
Cons Minimal online capability, requires memory cards to save data, smaller game library, not as much graphics horse-power as other consoles, analogue sound system
Summary If you enjoy the classic franchises brought by Nintendo, you will love this system. While the graphics do not have the sharpness as the XBOX, they can hold their own. The processor inside also means less loading time, and more fun (especially compared to the PS2). Overall, great system if you don't intend on online gaming. Get it now for a great price!