Pros - Tons of features that I've never seen anywhere else
- Nintendo games in HD
- The ability to play from any room in my house
- The best platform for indie games yet
- A great web browser and the best Netflix app
- Nintendo Land is absurdly fun
Cons There's a big initial update (takes about an hour)
Summary I am absolutely loving my Wii U so far. I played it with my friends a few nights ago, and we had more fun with Nintendo Land than any party game has offered in half a decade.
Pros + Fun, FUN! Even the learning curve. Launch titles terrific.
+ Tablet adds an incredibly creative dimension to an established console.
+ Limitless potential with an entirely new way to play.
+ Unmatched social network for young and old alike.
Cons Update takes a bit of time. Update before unveiling to your kids :)
Launch titles lacking a bit, good thing there's plenty of killer ones on the way.
There's gonna be elitist haters.
32gb Model sells out almost immediately
Summary There is so much to like about the Wii U, I'll just keep it simple:
* If you think you 'might' like it...
* If you think your kids 'might' like it...
* If you already have a Wii...
Then BUY the WII U, you will not be sorry in the least. You will be blown away, glad you did, and never look back.
Pros - Most importantly, the NSA cannot watch you on this console, as there is no Face recognition Technology, like PS4 and XBox. Don't be the NSA's next victim by allowing them into your livingroom. Buy a Wii U instead, and keep the freedom dream alive.
Cons There are no cons with this system that I can think of, other than the fact that Nintendo didn't market it well at all.
Summary - Cost Efficient
- Nearly Equivalent Graphics to PS4 & XBox
- Free Online Chat
- Exclusive Titles: Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc.
- Gamepad is Like Having a Tablet and/or 2nd TV + Great Battery Life
- 4 USB Charging Ports
- Backwards Compatible Games (XBox & PS4 Don't Have this)
- Backwards Compatible Wii Mote Controllers
- Wii Pro Controller (Sold Separately), is extremely comfortable & has an amazingly long battery life.
- Energy Efficient & Quiet
- Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, Web Browser, YouTube, Nintendo Network etc.
- Extremely Cost Efficient Components & Games
- Panaramic Games
- Extremely Durable Console *Unlike XBox & PS4* ... remember PS2 and their disc read errors & XBox's classic Red Ring of Death? What's the last time you've heard of a Nintendo having a hardware problem? Never... my point proven.
- Most importantly, the NSA cannot watch you on this console, as there is no Face recognition Technology.
Pros Can download past great Nintendo games as well as play Wii games and great new software provided by Nintendo for the Wii U. Can continue playing my game on the game pad even though my wife wants to watch her crap reality tv shows on the main tv!
Cons Nintendo needs to better relay the message that this is a totally new console and not just a Wii with a new controller. Should have had better 1st party titles at launch.
Summary Very excited about the future software of the console, but still should have had better software out of the gate. They had great third party support at launch, but feel like they squandered that with underwhelming first party games/delayed 1st party titles. Still, future potential of the system has me excited about my purchase
Pros Gamepad was a good idea, though not implemented properly. Can play original wii games, but wii games are only 480p and look horrible on hd televisions.
Cons -Gamepad doesn't sync/connect properly at all times-
-CPU is too slow to port some popular ps3/xbox2 games
-GPU is a few generations behind ps4/xbox3
-Slow RAM and no internal hard drive large enough to store 1 gme
-cannot play dvd, cds, or blue ray.
Summary I love Nintendo, unfortunately, they had a huge opportunity to release a game console 1 yr ahead of sony and microsoft, and they completely blundered it. The hardware is out of date, of very poor quality, and barely works at times. There has been no major game releases either, meaning the next xbox/ps will be out before the wii u even starts. A great shame that Nintendo did this to their fans.
If you don't like what I have to say, just took at NTDOY stock since Nov 12, or for the past 3-4 years. It falls every week.