"Best value console out of the bunch!"4.5 starson by jonathan_a
Pros: - Best graphics (compared to the Wii and Xbox 360)
- Blu-Ray movie
- Backward compatible with PSone and PS2 games
- Comes with the new Dualshock 3 controllers
- 80GB is a lot of storage, for a PS3
- No red ring of death issues like the Xbox 360
Cons: - TOO EXPENSIVE! It's so damn pricy!
- Did I mention it was an expensive console?
- The 80GB+Metal Gear Solid 4 package is over $500
- Very pricy console
- Did I mention this was an expensive piece of hardware?
- The price! THE PRICE!!
Summary: Let's face it, this is the best console out of the bunch! The Wii has terrible 480p graphics that look like an old Playstation 2 or Gamecube from the early 2000 years. The whole motion sensing controls is a GIMMICK!!! Only 3 or 4 Nintendo made games use the motion sensing well, but every single other game use it horribly and this is why it's a GIMMICK! The Xbox 360 is not reliable, it will break down and you will have to send it to Microsoft to have it repaired and you have to take extended waranties! Not to mention if you love movies, well... HD-DVD is dead, so that's out of the question! No Blu-Ray adapter for the Xbox 360 makes it feel worthless!
I own a Dell XPS gaming PC and a Wii... I wanted a new console, and I chose the PS3 because of what it can do over any other console out there... even over my PC!
There's games you can only find on consoles because game developers are afraid of game piracy! So they release games exclusive to Xbox 360 and PS3 only! Because of stuff like that, owning a gaming PC isn't enough! Unless you don't mind missing out on great titles like Soul Calibur 4, Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Rachet and Clank, Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto 4 and others... then fine... don't buy a console!
But if you do love those kinda games, and you can't get'em on the PC, then there's only 1 solution... buy a console!!!
The Playstation 3 is pricy and it was the only thing that kept me from ever buying one. But seeing as the Xbox 360 has so many hardware flaws (Dead HD-DVD format and Red Ring of Death)... unless the Xbox 360 drops to $199.99 or less, it's not worth buying... EVER!!! Why buy a disposable console when you can pay double the price for a console you could probably keep FOREVER!!!!
I own a Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 and they both still work fine!!! My PS2 is dying a little because I overplayed it, but it still runs!!!! I own an original Xbox and it's DEAD!!! After owning it for 4 years, it died on it's 4th year... 1 year after it's waranty expired, and now I have a paper weight black box that does NOTHING! It sucks! When I heard the Xbox 360 has Red Ring of Death issues, I was ready to avoid Microsoft hardware from now on!
If you're thinking of buying a Wii, Playstation 3 or Xbox 360... here's what I say:
- If you want a pure gaming system, BUY A WII !! There's a good dozen great titles on the Wii, making this console worth buying for games alone!
- If you want a media system, for movies AND games, buy a Playstation 3! It's pricy, but it's a worthy investment!
- If you want a cheap 2-3 year pure console game, buy a Xbox 360! If you think you will not touch your Xbox 360 in 3 to 4 years from now, then buy this "disposable" console!