Pros Moonroof, stock radio, roominess, value, exterior styling,
Cons pedal size, no rear wiper
Summary This car is pretty amazing, even more so when you consider the price. The performance is very comparable to any other car in it's price range (Civic, Mazda 6). Straight 0-60 time is very quick, not racing fast, but faster then most of your friend's cars. The handling is amazing, taking turns at higher speeds does not cause your passengers to grab hold of anything. Even when you load down the trunk the car still has enough power to get up and down hills and get going onto the highway.
The exterior of the car is very unique without sticking out everywhere. The overall shape reminds me an Audi TT, very smooth and flowing. One thing that amazes me is the car does not look small, but when it is next to a regular sedan or coupe you see it really it. Now that I have a tC I notice them every so often. This car is definately a head turner.
Inside you will find a surprising amount of room for a car so small. The head room is not amazing, but it is adequate (I'm 5'11"). The rear legroom is great, and it is large enough to house passengers, albeit not very tall ones, comfortably enough for a short ride. The front and rear seats are extremely comfortable, with a the driver seat being very customizable (raise/lower and thigh support). The dash layout is very esay to get used to and use without looking. Covering the dash is a very interesting rice paper like finish. With the racing inspired gauge cluster the tC has a very racy, stylish, dash. One annoyance for me is that pedals on the standard seem very close,I admittadley have very large feet (size 15w). The front windshield is huge, and the wipers clear the entire thing, which makes for a very nice unobstructive view while driving (unlike the Civic's new dual-layered dash). The rear window provides a good view, but it is not very large, and the lack of windshield wiper does not help.
Perhaps the best part of this car is not the plethora of options you can get, but it is the online communities it has built up. Coming from a Saturn previously I was very accustomed to going online and finding information on forums and website. The Scion family of cars has inspired a large community like this as well. If you wonder how to install a new radio, what a rattle is, etc you can find it with a simple google search.
Overall the car is fun to drive, which is most important. The mileage is much better then advertised (around 27 mpg combined), and the car is very peppy. With the hatchback the little car can haul a load. The Scion tC is a great car, but when you conisder the price, Scion's one price policy, the options you can get and the drive it becomes a great deal.
Pros Lots of standard features, great audio system
Cons small issues that you wouldn't expect from Toyota
Summary Very good value for the price.
- nice power, suspension
- pretty good handling
- very nice audio system (plays MP3s by default)
- audio control on the steering wheel
- cool roof
- one touch power windows
For a Toyota, it had quite a few small issues,
- paint stain under rapguard (dealer fixed)
- 2 tires had to be changed in the 1st week (dealer fixed)
- both door sills were loose
Overall, very well done. Highly recommended.
Pros Price, fuel economy, power, dual sunroofs
Cons Moonroof rattle, heavy, paint scratches very easily
Summary There's not much to dislike here. The tC just gives you so much for your money, you just can't stop wondering how they did it. The build quality and sound deadening is that of a Lexus. The stock stereo is impressive, and anyone who rides in the back seats will not only be amazed by how much room there is back there, but by the rear sunroof as well.
The stock wheels (17") are nice, but the suspension rolls too much during turns.
The engine is torquey and the perfect fit for the car. The five speed manual's shifts are a bit long but extremely solid. Rev's a bit high on the freeway, but not a big deal. My average fuel economy has been 27.7 mpg (15 or so tanks of gas), and I haven't exactly been driving it conservatively. 30 mpg could be attained if I cared.
The paint is probably the worst part of the car - it seems like Toyota really skimped here. It scratches very, very easily - a huge disappointment considering there's really nothing that can remedy this short of a new clearcoat, which if professionally done costs around $1000.
Other than the paint, this car is phenomonel. I cannot recommend it enough.
"It's my baby :)"on by nikkicola11
Pros looks good, rides good, priced well, tons of standard features
Cons 4-6 week waiting period :( Only the driver's seat has memory
Summary Overall this is an amazing car for the money. It is the perfect car for young college grad like myself, who is just starting to make a little money and wants to buy something nice but not break the bank. There are a few things I would like to see improved:
1. Only the driver's seat has memory, or even slides back again after you push it forward to let someone into the back seat. This seems really silly to me, if anything it should be the other way around, because at least in my experience, most people enter the back seat from the passenger side.
2. (And this one is a stretch) It would be cool if you could change the colors on the standard pioneer stereo, I am not a huge orange fan...
3. 12 gallons is a small tank
4. The thing tires are super cute and I love them , but since they cost $160 to replace it would nice to have a full size spare instead of a donut.
5. The interior is not customizable. It is always black and gray...
Please don't get me wrong I love this car and I can honestly say that there is another car in this price range that I would rather own. It is sleek and sexy like an acura or lexus but without the heavy price tag.
"Best for $$$$"on by rusagani
Pros The list goes on
Cons rattle noise
Summary Scion Tc is a test market for toyota for their new knee airbag. So along with the standard airbags, it also comes with knee airbag for free! Scion tC comes with alot of stuff stock. I've done my research before I purchased the car. You cannot find a better NEW car for $17000. I looked at other japanese, american, european. They are either bad, nicer but alot more expensive, or bad and more expensive. yes one can say the civix Si or RSX are beter, but they do cost $4000+ more with the options you want. Scion tC has alot of stuff that you never imagine it would come with a 17k car. Here are the list that I think is very awesome:
1. stock wheels look good
2. side mirror blinker lights on a cheap car??? no way
3. mp3 capable cd player standard?? no way
4. sound system controler on the steering wheel standard?? no way
5. cruise control standard??? no way
6. keyless entry standard?? no way
7. both windows auto up and auto down (most car only auto down but no auto up)
8. back seat can recline
9. you can combine the front seat with back seat and create a bed
10. back seat fold forward, plenty of cargo space
11. outside temparature standard
12. air pressure warning indicator
13. 2 trip odometer reading
13. mandrel bent 2.25" exhaust system
14. 4 disc brakes std
15. abs standard
16. etc.. I am sure I am forgetting something.