"Why do computer tech geeks even bother with car reviews"5.0 starson by Dr_Mario_PharmD
Pros: 1. Light powerful 5.0L V8 engine with incredible power.
2. Awesome muscle car look. It looks like a fast and powerful car.
3. All performance features can be purchased for around $33,000. Fastest car under $40,000.
4. Great transmission with a reasonabl
Cons: 1. As good as the live axle is, I am curious what Ford could do with independent rear suspension.
2. Summer tires are great for some areas, but I would end up in a snow bank where I live.
Summary: Here is a great muscle car that delivers the best performance for the price and all the reviewer can say is the gas mileage is not that good and the transmission throw is too short. First of all, the gas mileage is good for a muscle car and superior to most products in the same category. Maybe this reviewer should stick with the Smart Car for Two. Second, "Car and Driver" "Lightning Lap 2011" specifically praises the throw distance and says "The GT's shifter-unlike the GT500's-is never too quick, never induces grinding, and is light enough in hand that missing a shift is a rare event."My Pros list was too long was was cut off.
Third, why was the audio system such a large section of your review? For a Mustang review that failed to complete any performance tests, it went into large detail about the audio quality.
Why the 3.5/5.0 for a muscle car that looks great and delivers excellent performance? If the answer is it does not get 45mpg and the audio system is not perfect, you should not be reviewing performance cars.
Updated on Jun 2, 2011
4. Great transmission with a reasonable throw.
What does he mean too short? Have you ever driven a sports or muscle car before?
5. Brambro Brakes.
6. 0-60 4.3-4.4 with one foot roll out (about 4.8 without), quarter mile in 12.7-12.8 and 0.94-0.97 g on skid pad.
7. Reliability of the Ford Mustang is almost equal to the Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla. Here is a muscle car that can be used as a reliable daily driver.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price From Edmunds.com||No|| |
|See all prices|