"Great everyday car in places with snow"4.0 starson by monopod1
Pros: - Subaru AWD
- Mileage; have managed almost 40 mpg with highway driving, more like 25-28 in city
- Handles great in turns
- Looks great
- Lots of space (I'm 6' tall and have no problems)
- Bluetooth is awesome for music and calls
- Nice interior
Cons: - Stock tires suck. Get snows if you're going to be doing winter driving.
- iPod and Bluetooth navigation are tricky, though once you figure it out it's not bad
- Engine is a bit whiny sounding
Summary: Had the Premium trim model (with winter package and popular package 1) for a month and loving it so far. Handles great and feels zippier than you'd think for 145 hp. Only real downside is that the engine is a little whiny when accelerating, but it doesn't seem to affect the mileage or pickup. GREAT in the snow, just like every Subaru I've owned (especially with snow tires - it's pretty much unstoppable unless you're going through a foot of unplowed, in which case the low clearance would be an issue). Great mileage, great AWD and a great price (paid about$20K for the Premium CVT model with a couple of choice options, and Subaru offered 0.9% financing) - no other car we considered in this segment came close. Very happy with our purchase.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price From Edmunds.com||No|| |
|See all prices|