"Great to drive, I'm happy with the MPGs, Hate the clock"4.0 starson by Darrius--2008
Pros: 1) Comfortable, Tall Person Friendly and lots of cargo room.
2) I get about 42mpg average, it drops when I hit the hills, and rises in flat parts of the city.
3) ECO-Cruse (Find it, turn it on, love it)
4) Excellent Climate and Sound System
Cons: 1) SYNC - It's definitively a Microsoft product.
2) SYNC Navigation - Cant keep a lock on the car for anything.
3) My clock changes times rather randomly, and the MyFordTouch occasionally tells me my backup camera isn't working - I don't have one.
Summary: I found a few tricks with the car, including the Hidden EcoMode setting for cruse control. It helps keep the car in EV mode more when you have cruse control turned on.
I also find that if you set Cruse at a few mph higher then you want to go (say 58 in a 55 zone) and then tap the Set- button to pull it back to your desired speed, the cars MPGs go up quite a bit.
Having test driven against a 2011 Prius-3 and a 2013 Prius-V I can say the breaks in the C-Max don't scare me, while the sponges that Prius breaks are often compared to make me fear for the day someone has to make a sudden stop in one.
The car handles like a dream, and as a 6ft tall american male I can say that if I'm the first car at a traffic light I don't have to crunch forward and look up to see the light in the C-Max, I did in the Prius and in a PT-cruiser, and Honda Civic. The height of the car may make it look less then sporty, but I could care less for sporty when I have to drive a 5 pack of tall people to the game.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price From Edmunds.com||No|| |
|See all prices|