"Great cam!"4.0 starson by ro7477
Pros: - SD card is awesome
- outdoor shooting is great
- zooming is fantastic (provided you use a tripod)
- so small it fits into my pocket!
- great battery life and no noise
Cons: - cam is not the best at night
Summary: Hey guys, so you all have heard it all by now on here. Let me give you a few tips on how to use this cam (based on the cons i have read on here).I just finish an extensive overseas trip with this cam. a lot of heat has been aimed at this cameras performance at night - well you can judge for yourself. here is a video i just shot - with no/low lights, its a aviation videos so we are in motion. You be the judge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkNAmwcE1dQ
- zooming is unpredictable some say on here. well, i am not sure if they know that you can change the soeed setting of the zoom. set it to 3 and you'll be fine!
- to get better image quality - turn the image stabilization off (the outdoor image is sharp but just in case you need that little push over the cliff)
- everyone says the videos grainy at night. that is correct - but, why do you think we spend $5000 or more each time we plan an indoor shoot for a wedding/professional shoot etc? there is a reason for spending so much cash for lighting, right? so, get on with the program and dont be complaining.
i use this cam for vacation/travel videos - this is the best fit for what we need. love it
Updated on Jul 16, 2009