Decent picture Quality (not honest FULL HD quality) & faithful color re-production. Auto lens cap open-closure, auto switch on-off, flash & video (LED) light. Lightweight
* 15 mP is just hype. Its qlty is same as sd90 & still pic really aweful - like 3 MP mobile phone camera.
* Inconv. touch screen focussing. No spot focussing.
* 3D attachment not available in India. Costs approx. Rs 25k!
* Quality is just 720p!
DO NOT buy this camcorder!
I am from Guwahati, India and being an PANASONIC enthusiast, bought it in July 2012. Last year also I bought HDC SD90 which was predecessor to this one. But surprisingly last year they gave an extra battery for free!! After using it I noticed the ... Read full review
DO NOT buy this camcorder!
I am from Guwahati, India and being an PANASONIC enthusiast, bought it in July 2012. Last year also I bought HDC SD90 which was predecessor to this one. But surprisingly last year they gave an extra battery for free!! After using it I noticed the reason was, they knew well their batteries were of cheap chinese quality (in fact they are china made). For the first 20- 25 min. it works well, but then though meter shows 45 min left, it rapidly reduces and eventually the camera shuts down!
This year they didn't offer extra battery so I thought they get rid of the problem. But to my horror, same problem started after few cycles of use! Worse, the battery itself became dead after 3 months of use - believe it or not.
PANASONIC just replied they don't have warranty on battery! Now they stopped replying my mails. They are robbing ppl. as its very costly for a moderate quality camcorder (Rs. 40000/-) and yet they are deliberately supplying defective batteries.
I am preparing for consumer case against PANASONIC and swear not to trust their products in future. Friends, my honest advice is not to buy it - rather go for SONY - whose battery lasted for 4.5 years in a miniDV cam.
Cam. S/L ID: D2HR00014 & Complain ID : PI-CS-1208-002891
Other downside of this model:
* 15 mP is pure marketing gimmick. The quality is same as last year's model & still pic qlty is really aweful - like 3 MP mobile phone camera.
* Iris control is another gimmick - no visible difference on video of iris control.
* Practically unusable touch screen focussing. No spot focussing option.
* Non-friendly menu.
* Non-responsive touch screen.
* It is NOT 3D READY! How? The attachment is not available in India! Even the call center guys or sales guys have no idea of price (unoffically its approx. Rs 25k!). And you can't even zoom while 3D-caming.
Anyone can contact me for verification -
Sanjiv Dutta,B.Tech in Comp.Engg.(Scientist 'C' for Govt of India)
Address: Hatigaon, Guwahati