"Ought to own!!!"5.0 starson by M-Striker
Pros: Awesome gadget!
Cons: Are there any thaty I am not aware?
Summary: Well GUYS, I am a perfectionist, so my post says it all. This camera rocks. If you hesitated till now go and get this piece until it is still in stock and enjoy it as much as I do now.
I must admit I always questioned credibility of many posters on C-Net or ZD-Net, so here is my say before they ruined it all for you, this is the HDD camera to OWN!.
Let me tell you why:
1. I used to own JVC Evirio GZ-MG50u and.... my new Sony DCR SR100 outshines it big time.
2. My new camera has indeed a good lens to record in low light conditions
3. The two-speed (fast and slow) zoom is absolutely awesome (nothing comparing to the super fast zoom of above JVC)
4. IS that stands for ¡§image stabilizer¡¨ does GOOD job and helps BIG time, so that I can shoot variety of scenes without considering a tripod.
5. I considered Sony SR80 at some point for its 60Gb hard drive and lighter weight but SR100 has a view finder and (I heard) does have a better lens to produce a better quality videos yet has a built in Dolby-D microphone.
6. I hesitated to post my review until I finally burned my first professionally finished amature video on a DVD; and I was amazed at the results. It rocked!
I was not shy to burn 30 copies of the Office 20 min Christmas Party video for everyone to enjoy, it turned out awesome. I feel very proud spending 8 hours of video editing, just to make it look perfect. Remember? I am a perfectionist! ƒº
7. A tip of advice. As soon as you get the camera, do not even bother installing the provided video editing software; that the camera came in with or you will be VERY disappointed (I personally feel very pity for the Sony¡¦s design group, who decided to provide this VERY crappy software), if it was me I would increase the price of the camera by abt $50 to cover the $75 cost of the #1 rated bundle (GOLD prize awarded) the Cyberlink PowerDirector 5. Just visit their web-site and down load the trial version. It is indeed AWESOME. It reads JVC awkward .MOV format movies
P.s. As for people complaining about the touch screen, I do not get it. Do they have fat greasy fingers or what? I never owned any of the SONY electronics previously ( I am a CANON big fan of photo an video), so I am quite new to the touch screens, but man, do I enjoy them? The touch screen isn¡¦t that bad, it surely keeps numerous control buttons at bay. I learnt to use my fingernail that proved to be less messy.
Guys, long story short, as an electronics freak who does not mind spending $$$ on the equipment I do want to share my positive opinion by giving two thumbs up to the CDR100.