"Excellent Digital Camera and Camcorder all in one!"5.0 starson by milominderbinder2
Pros: Easy, fun, fast, lightweight, great reviews, Digital Camcorder and Digital Camera all in one small package.
Cons: Bring extra batteries.
Summary: Say you save even $100 by buying a cheap camera. How many photos do you think you will take? A thousand, 5 thousand? So the cheapest one will save you 2 cents a shot?
But now you still need a digital camcorder.
+ The Canon A710 IS is not just a great Digital Camera!
+ The Canon A710 IS is a great digital CAMCORDER as well!
The A710 IS has so many features that typically are only found in big, expensive Digital SLRs. Save the extra $500 and get the A710!
Remember that anything over 5-6 Megapixels is wasted unless you are going to print posters. So even these 7 Megapixels are really overkill. Dial down to a medium resolution to save memory and gain zoom.
1. Real 6x Optical zoom plus digital zoom.
2. Easy to use the first time you turn it on.
3. Great night, beach, landscape, and portrait shots.
4. Lightweight, small, and durable.
5. SD Memory Cards are cheap and rugged.
6. Great reviews everywhere.
7. Uses 2 common AA Batteries (or rechargeables) instead of proprietary wafer batteries.
8. Great wide angle for group shots. Others are so limited.
9. Great accessories for longer telephoto & wide angle.
10. Big bright display.
11. Has a real viewfinder to use instead of the display to triple the life of your batteries.
12. Movies are in wonderful, full DVD resolution (640x480!).
13. Press the shoot button half way to pre-focus. Press fully for a no delay, instant shot.
1. Bring lots of batteries. Invest in AA rechargeables.
For most users, this is the small, 8 ounce camera to take with you instead of a camcorder and bulky digital SLR. Wait until you see what you can do!