"Outstanding value for money"5.0 starson by jonorose
Pros: - Price!!
- Incredible optical zoom capability compares with huge, heavy professional lenses.
- Not great in low light
- Doubles as a great video camera.
- Image stabilisation on video is excellent.
- Light and easy to carry around.
Cons: (only if I have to be petty)
- A bit slow.
- Not so great in low light.
- You can hear the zoom when you are recording video.
Summary: I picked up this camera for the equivalent of $250 in my money before I headed off on safari in South Africa. Everyone else around me had $5000 cameras with enormous lenses. They couldn't believe the shots I was getting out of this little point and shoot! When i was posting pictures online for friends back home they were asking when I bought an SLR with a 600mm lens! (actually, its the equivalent of a 720mm!!) And this is a light, easy to schlepp around camera that doubles as an excellent video camera. This is the best camera you could possibly want to a trip overseas if you're an amateur like me. I can't remember a better value for money purchase that I have made ever.