"The reviews didn't prepare me - look elsewhere."1.0 starson by videoismylife
Pros: 1. It was cheaper than most pocket zooms (but for a reason)
2. Quite a brick in the hand - felt solid
3. Fast "on".
4. Menu system better than average.
5. Pretty screen - but it didn't help see image flaws.
Cons: 1. Excessive, destructive noise reduction.
2. Poor auto-exposure; chooses 1/10s but IS can't handle it.
3. Features like panorama don't work well.
4. Heavy, large, corners too sharp - not a "pocket zoom"
5. IS can't handle 18X; blurry.
Summary: The reviews I read didn't prepare me at all. I used this cam for about 400 pics over a couple weeks - I thought it was going well, the preview on the back seemed to show decent images. Then I tried to print a bunch - they were AWFUL. Grainy and blotchy, even at base ISO poor resolution with noise in the shadows. By ISO 400 hair looks plastic, colors become blotchy and washed out.
I sent it back, got a Panasonic ZS15 and I'm quite happy. The Canon SX260 would be a good choice too.