"Outstanding Value / Price:Benefit Ratio"4.0 starson by amsa526
Pros: 1. 5x Optical zoom
2. Metallic body
3. Full Auto settings
4. Up to ISO 3200
5. Accepts both xD and SD (micro-SD adapter included)
6. Easy settings - easy enough for my kids to use
7. Quick buttons for most accessed features
Cons: 1. Wished it was weatherproof as the body had a metal case
2. Metering should have more options ... like spot, matrix etc. It only has spot and a full auto.
3. Should have full support for SD cards just like Fuji
Summary: I have/had a Canon 790, Olympus 230 ... before.
I wanted another Canon but I couldn't find a 5x optical zoom at the right price point. To be honest, the lag times are not that significant - in fact, this 370 is faster than my old Canon 790. The image sharpness is also insignificant as I use Picassa to sharpen/edit the photo as needed. It ultimately boiled down to a price/benefit ratio. I actually prefer the image quality of this one to Canon's 790. The full auto setting should be tested by any user ... it is not 100% full proof. Some images come out soft focused.