"Whoa Nelly!"on by vigilantviewer
Pros Very very good
Cons None I can think of.
Summary Pros-I got it at Circuit City Dec. 2 for $150. I has good video quality for a digital camera. Very good in low lighting. Not much of a delay between pictures. Has 6 megapixels, I think. And has a nice big LCD screen.
Pros optical stabilization works! LONG battery life, nice LCD, user friendly
Cons might be small for bigger hands
Summary I agree this should be an "Editor's take" camera, and so should be your take!
I LOVE my little new toy. I was debating to get this or Canon SD600, both in the same price range and same megapixel. After doing a lot of research online and seeing the actual models in store, I decided to get this one and I am really glad I did. What I really like about this camera so far:
1. the optical image stabilization really works wonder! at least for me who used to get a lot of fuzzy pix from my old fuji. I was able to get a too-good-to-be-true pix of my cat yearning in motion!! This may not work for everything (if there's a lot of jittering/shaking) but it sure works for what I was looking for (without compromising the quality). One of the most common probs with compact cameras is jittering/shaking hands, and this certainly takes care of that for you!
2. GREAT battery life, which is what I really love and care about. I was able to point and shoot over 100 pix so far (half of them with flash, though not consecutively) and plus some video clicks and still have full battery signal on. It's amazing! I also compared the battery life with the canon sd600 online.. it's about double according to some standard.
3. Nice LCD. For those of you who might be worried about missing the viewfinder on this toy, the battery life certainly makes up for it (plus the viewfinder usually doesn't get you 100% of the actual picture anyway). Some review said that LCD playback quality is not as good, but I find no problem with it. (from a pair of non-prof/average eyes, that is)
4. Very user-friendly. I didn't really need to read manual to figure out most features of the camera. I just got it on the hand for less than 2 days and I am already feeling like a pro with this camera.
5. fast start-up and little shutter lag~ which is also important to me.
6. a lot of features. allow you to quickly change to different scene modes/effects.
Some cons that I can think of:
1. I think maybe some people will think brands like Canon has better image quality? I don't have a new model Canon to compare with but with the previous models (in Canon & Fuji), I can't tell much difference. (looks great to me for what I can tell)
2. No optical viewfinder (for the people who really want to have viewfinder).
3. the size of the camera is a little bigger than SD600 (and cannot compare to credit-card size casio Ex-Z60. though this can be a pro & con depending on each individual's preference. I have small/medium hands and the camera feels just fine (I was able to use one hand to navigate the bottoms/menu and to take pix). But I can see probs with bigger hands
4. the control bottoms are kind of small (which is typical in compact cameras). Again, might be problematic with bigger hands.
Over all, for the price in this range, I think this is one of the best value on market right now that has a nice package of what typical people are looking for (user-friendly, long battery life, anti-shake, great/decent pix quality). You usually have to pay for an extra $100 to get that optical stabilization feature in other model (i.e. Canon SD700).
No camera is perfect but this camera has definitely come close to that! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone. I just hope the magic will last me for the years to come! have to wait to see about that!
Pros + great pictures + smart look + exream user friendly + just follow your intuition
Cons - could be heard to use if you have big hand's cause of the smal buttons
Summary As a user of a professional Digi Cam i was just looking for something small, smart and easy to carry it with me all days long. If you'r looking for a cam 2 go, this is it ! It's simply to use, just folow your intuition, takes great pictures, and it's deffinitly worth the price. With a 1 Gb SD card you'r able to take 336 on the highes quality, the acu last's for ages, according the user manual it does 320 pic's bud my cam was off the battery at 519 pic .. It's a great deal !! Ps: take the black one with the silver finish, looks amazing !! Definitly gonna buy a Panasonic again. It'a little BIG THING !!
"Best camera ever"on by lilbrzboi
Pros Screen, Simplicity, Battery
Cons I have no problems
Summary great design, performance and battery life, images come out great and its super easy to use!