"The Best Out there....Right now."4.0 starson by Hobstar
Pros: All-In-One. A Bunch of options for hookup.
Cons: No Album Art. Needs Media Player 11 Style Interface
Summary: I had the same setup problems as one of the other users had with it not recognizing the media Server. I had to disable all the security features on my Linksys Router and work backwards. When that didn't work I had to call tech support which was really hit and miss. Three support people later we figured it out without having to install Windows Media Connect.
Playing with it was a joy at first. Now I am finding all the problems and issues.
- It needs album art but nobody offers it now so I will have to live without it for now.
- Wish I could type a letter in to get to an artist or album without having to wait for page after page.
- I would like to rate music as I hear it but I can't do that using this device.
- There is a little problem with aspect ratio as all the images seem to be sqwished and just not right no matter what aspect ratio you set the DSM-320RD to.
- you need to make sure you have a good quality originals in order to enjoy the system.
- Some small jitter is some videos so far but more use will help me figure out how to record any future videos.
- Digital photos never look that good on a TV but the system seems to do a pretty good job.
- Wish you could do a slideshow of a few directories as you can only do a slideshow from within one directory.
- Haven't had a chance to play with this yet but really....a DVD player is a DVD player no matter what everyone else says.
- Don't have much of a use for this as I don't feel I should have to pay to listen to music. Don't think I will use this feature unless I can use Yahoo's Launch.
- WOW, this will be cool. Other people's digital cameras without wires.
In conclusion, I researched this for over 6 months, waiting and waiting for something better to come out and if I waited any longer I would have went CRAZY. I am sure now that I have it within two months everything I was looking for will be in some other unit.
I gave it an 8 out of ten as it is the best out there right now but there are some really simple things they could have done to make it the best for a long time. Hopefully a firmware update will fix the simple issues and not have to buy another unit...but that is not what corporate america is about now is it?