Pros - Ability to access the web seamlessly through tv
- Ability to access netflix
- Ability to listen to my music stations through Pandora
- Ability to total control my DVR & DTV through keyboard
- Ability to access PlayOn server linked to my PC
Cons - Limited codec for video watching
- Keyboard can not bee seen in the dark
- Tapping ability on mouse pad is unstable
- Cant access Cafe World app through Facebook. This shows limited app resources for a heavy traffic apps
- No right click ability
Summary I love this product. Although it has limited apps and a few quarks overall I find it better than any other product out there for what it can do. Below you will find my list of contrast to what has been said as either these people have received a defective logitect revue and need to get a new one or they are really ridiculous on what their expectations were.
I purchased my revue on 10.27.10 and here are my finding to what ppl have complained about:
TV = Sony Bravia
Intenet= POWERLINE MODEM
Dwnload= 16.38 mbps
My Wireless laptop
Dwnload= 16.36 mbps
Note I'm <50 miles away
Speed test done on speedtest.net
- Netflix app is the same as ps3 so not an issue for me. It would be nice to have instant streaming added into the app but whatever no biggie. U can access the web through the revue so why cry about that, no need to goto a laptop/pc. Picture quality was awesome on any new movies, there is a quality bar which tells you how gd or bad the quality is as the movie loads. Load of movie same as ps3 pretty fast.
-Pandora sounds great through my sony bavia no loading issues what so ever
-Youtube layback works as advertised, no slow loading, quality was same as laptop quality if hd even better. Not sure where ppl run into issue here cause I didnt.
-Facebook & simple apps like poker work great
- Logitech Media Player found my PlayOn server but could not play many of the video formats but it states 'on screen' its still in its beta phase & will probably not be able to play most formats. Not a biggie for me to wait a month or two for them to get this right. Its not like I'm going to die or cry about it. I DVR all of the tv shows I want to see anyway.
-'Whats On' is awesome to be able to see whats about to come on with hr/min time display is cool. alot better than looking at the DTV guide because it groups by category.
- I had no issues with watching shows on comedy central but ran into a few lagging moments on fox.com.
-Twitter could be a little better as you cannot see who's following you and who you are following on screen. So I hope this app gets a upgrade. Beyond that really not a horrible first round app.
- I dont have a android phone or a fancy receiver so those do not apply to me. Also I did not purchase the cam so I cant speak to that.
I can wait for the upgrades to come out as they are already in the works. system updates are automatic and I cant wait to see how much it grows.
Sorry for those who expected more and are disappointed but all I can say is if your truly a techie you should know better.
Pros Chrome browser on the TV plays full Web content. Integrates well with all of my devices so I only need one remote
Cons Difficult to set up the HDMI cables, but i had very good assistance from Logitech (always a pleasant surprise to get good service)
Summary I think it's great. I coordinates all of my devices, the Sony soundbar, PS3, and my Fios Television. Plus, it finally lets me easily get Web content on my Television. I found it hard to install, but the tech from Logitech talked me through the entire installation, including how to set up all of my other devices. This was a problem since on the Sony, I can only pass through one high definition device, so I had to use two HDMI cables to the teleivision as well as an optical cable. This was not in the instructions and I had to have help to do it. I think there will be a learning curve of its features and there will need to be some tweeks made in the software. For instance, I have not been able to find my own YouTube content very easily using the Leanback feature. I really like the full screen YouTube though. Also, the web page navigation can use a bit of tweeking, since we have lost the sidebar scroll. I am still exploring the apps that came with it, and I hope there will be more to come. Yes, the price was a little high, but it is lots of fun.
Pros Never got to use it!
Cons Would not connect to my Verizon MiFi card.
Summary I have since learned that there are additional restrictions around what type of wireless devices it connects to. My Wii, PC and iphone connect to this wireless device so why not the Logitech Revue?
Pros Simple to use. Great web browsing interface. Setup was a breeze. Interfaced with all my A/V equipment nicely.
Cons The whole thing seems like its still in Beta. Networks are now blocking it from being useful. Cant play MKV files (No Audio) the player is still in beta. Not simple to link podcasts that were not listed. Searching didn't bring in the results expected
Summary The best thing is that it can't get any worse than what it is now. It's only going to get better. They rushed this out the door way too early to be useful. I hate unfinished products like this it hints of Microsoft software. As it stands now Boxee would be a better bet or an Apple TV.
Pros Small size
Cons Google TV is like WebTV in 1999 only worse because Logitech's device doesn't work. Twitter crashed. Doesn't connect to my Picasa account. Vid HD video service has been down since I bought the product. Chrome didn't render wired.com properly
Summary Don;t waste your money. No program guide, no apps store. Buy a WebTV on eBay and you'll be ahead of Google TV today.