"Unless you're American & computer illiterate, stay away"1.0 starson by jman81
Pros: 1. really fast streaming
2. headphone jack on remote is very convenient, great if someone wants to sleep while you're watching tv.
3. Remote has technology similar to wii remote. (not sure why they are trying to be a gaming console though)
Cons: 1. Don't even consider this for local media of any kind
2. extremely limited content for non-americans
3. horrendously limited options, can't even choose dns to ensure child safety
4. Poor instructions (had to google how to get the usb player)
Summary: Once again, a company has favored greed by geo-locking content and channels, I was looking for a boxee box replacement since the boxee is discontinued and riddled with bugs. Based on all the reviews I was really convinced that Roku3 was the best, instead I regret wasting my time and money dealing with it.
This is the most limited device I have ever used, and unless you want a 100 dollar netflix/angry birds player, don't buy it. If you're not American, consider this a fancy paperweight.
Can someone please recommend something like the boxee box that actually works?
- Desperate Canadian