"Simply the best."on by aaevenson
Pros Great screen, no eye strain, quick page refresh, ability to browse the web (wifi) and shop for books anywhere with 3G access, feels sturdy but light in your hand, touch screen is very precise and just right.
Cons Well, if you read a lot of Where's Waldo or Clifford the Big Red Dog, you may want a color screen from a different brand.
Summary After holding and using the Kindle 3, Nook and Sony's various models, this is the clear choice. Kindle never really was a choice for me because I wanted the ability to borrow and download library books for free, which I have already tried and works great! This is a much sturdier feeling product and seems to have a bit more finesse than the nook. Of course, it's also much more expensive. It was a great birthday gift!
Pros PDF handling, 7 inch screen just perfect for PDF reading yet portable, ePub, Stylus fitted with device, Expandable memory, Design-metal casing
Cons Very much Overpriced, AT&T 3G restricted only in USA, Slow processing, OS glitches, less Titles in Reader Store, Web Browser hassles, Less battery life compared to competition
Summary I think this device is just 10 steps away from becoming the Ultimate Reading Device. Here is a wish-list or product ideas to make that happen:
1. To be the ULTIMATE READING DEVICE, it has to champion in all three form of reading: Books, Magazine/Newspapers, Internet. Should have much faster web browsing, Email reading capability including attachments. Social Media integration like Facebook/Twitter.
2. E-ink Triton colour display is MUST HAVE for next version. There are already colour e-Readers like Hanvon.
3. More refined and faster PDF experience with partial page refresh, readability of Scientific articles having multiple graphs, charts, diagrams. Notes made on books(including PDFs) should be viewable in other devices as well.
4. Bunch of Default Apps like Kindle app, Notes, Calendar, Meeting organizer, Stock Ticker etc. A few default games like Sudoku, Crosswords, Poker, Chess, Packman would be just nice
5. Text to speech (better punctuated than kindle) feature, so that user can continue with her novel while running at treadmill.
6. Expand Reader Store, Add more titles, add more Free titles as well. Make Reader Store available to Asia. Launch this Product in Asia before competitors worth-mentioning do so.
7. Motion Sensor/Accelerometer : Landscape to Portrait mode and vice verse on rotation of device
8. Carrier independent Internationally available 3G in addition to Wi-Fi.
9. Keep same metal finish sturdy build, but make appearance mat-finished grey and white. Keep weight within 250 grams
10. Competitively Price it within US$ 175.This will help wide adoption of this product specially among students, who has to read scientific articles in pdf and 7 inch screen is much much better than 6 inch screen without losing on portability and ability to hold in just one hand.
Pros Touch screen, easy to use, looks, interface, reading experience, many books(between library and google books in addition to reader store)
Cons Internet only with wi-fi(no 3G internet)
Pros Everything: 7 inch screen in the size of a Nook or Kindle, awesome PDF support (supports panning and zoom), great IR touch interface, free 3G support, built in audio support to play music while you read (requires headphones), WIFI support and web browser,
Cons Not much. The PDF support is awesome. It can do scientific journals, textbooks, math formulas, etc... without hiccups. However, I have found some unusual novellas on PDF that have caused the ebook reader software to slow to molasses. I don't understan
Summary Very good. You shouldn't even think about a Kindle or Nook or Kobo touch. I've tried them all and none have been satisfactory. This is the ebook reader I've been waiting for. It would be nice to eventually see very large scale ebook readers with IR touch. I would love to see a 10" ebook reader from Sony with IR touch. Although, weight could be an issue.
Pros No glare, able set screen settings, light, thin, easy to read, etc.
Cons $$$$, NO LIGHT OR COVER OF ANY SORT! That is a big problem and you cannot by a cover with a light built in like with the previous model, the 900.
Summary This is a great device, the others are all to juicy for me. Too much fluff. Sony keeps their mouth shut and just produces a good product. I think the touch edition would satisfy most, but then you don't have wireless, that is No Good!
Support them, they need the money since the earthquake.