"Great Plasma for the Price!"4.5 starson by KeithID
Pros: Picture quality is top notch
Display and bezel are quite thin
3D feature is cool
Voice control is also simplistic
TONS of smart apps
Dual core processor is quick enough
Cons: Screen reflects
No Wireless AC
Summary: Delivery was top notch. The Samsung TV came inside it's own Samsung box, but delivered by CEVA, it came in another larger one. I'm not sure if this is how televisions are shipped to begin with, but it provided me a good sense comfort knowing that my TV was not damaged during travel. The CEVA delivered my TV on the second floor, and set it up rather quickly. They knew what they were doing, and the television was flawless.
Onto the plasma. I'm not a videophile. My other television is a Vizio LCD M420SL which is at least 4-5 years old. I went back and forth between LED and Plasma and made my decision to go with the plasma after everyone's ordeal with light bleed & faulty units. So what can I say about this plasma? I LOVE IT! Picture quality is top notch. In SD, you really can't appreciate it, but in HD, it's a gem! I've watched Netflix non stop on this, and everything is so crisp and clean. Blacks are black, colors are not over saturated, no light bleed, and everything is even.
1. The swivel stand is a plus as I can move it around while I am on the computer and still watch TV, and then move it back to face my bed.
2. The SMART remote is also great to use. If you are technologically hip, it shouldn't be a problem to use. You can draw channel numbers to switch channels, swiping back and forth is a breeze. Voice control is also simplistic. This should be the new standard.
3. The 3D feature is cool, but I really haven't used it. I find 3D not a necessity, but more a plus to have just because it's standard feature. TONS of smart apps, and the dual core processor is quick enough.
4. Plenty of Net Apps for you to mess around with (Netflix, HULU, NBA TV, MLB, etc.)
1. Sound comes downward from the television, and isn't forward facing like my LCD. It isn't BAD, but I wouldn't say it's great. Volume just needs to be up a bit depending on what you are watching.
2. This is really dependent on the person, but yes, this screen is REFLECTIVE. Understand this before you buy. If you put the television around a lot of light, you'll see it. I personally don't think it's a make or break. I love my purchase.
PS: I suggest you have to check best deal for the Samsung PN51F5500 at: Plasmasmarttvs.blogspot.com/p/samsung-pn51f5500.html
I hope my review is helpful.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Get free shipping on orders over $35.00||Yes|| |
|Free Shipping. Ships same day.||Yes|| |
|Free delivery on all TVs||Yes|| |
|See all prices|