Pros + 3D is excellent
+ Picture is very very good
+ Remote is good
+ TV looks great
+ Network/ wifi works good
+ Fast motion picture is excellent
Cons - Stand is a bit wobbly
Summary I just got the TV and have had it 2 days. My other TV's are a 42in Samsung LCD and a 50in sony rear proj. LCD.I suggest you have to check for best deal for the Samsung PN64D7000 before you decide at -> *********.blogspot.com/2011/12/samsung-pn64d7000.html
I read about plasma vs. LED and went for the plasma. It is in the livingroom which has full height glass windows on one side. We get direct morning sun as windows face S/E.
I bought the set over internet shipped free. Need 2 people to move very large box into home. Need 2 people to hang the set. I unboxed and mounted hanger by myself.
If considering plasma, here are my comments:
1. 3D is excellent. Get the largest set you can afford/ fit in home.
2. Picture on this set is very very good. Very vivid, yet realistic color and contrast.
3. Remote is good, but not a high end look. Possibly because many use other combo remotes.
4. Glare is not an issue. The sony used to be in livingroom and glare was more of an issue.
5. Off axis viewing is outstanding. 2D excellent. 3D excellent from any angle.
6. I bought the light rechargeable 3D glasses. Easy setup. Comfortable. OK over your perscrip. glasses, but not great.
7. TV looks great. Thin, high quality.
8. I mounted this set on new Walker Edison 60-Inch Cayenne TV Stand (black laquer and black glass). They are made for each other!! Looks great and size of stand fits perfect (width) with TV. TV "floats" above table- mounted on the stand's rear pedestal.
9. Network/ wifi works good. Allshare works but sometimes buggy, as playing videos can abruptly stop (sometimes). I am still figuring the wifi and remote out. Plaing music through the wifi or network to livingroom is so cool.
10. I do not hear buzzing unless audio is off and my ear is very close. And I only heard once when setting up system. Buzzing to me is not an issue. I don't hear/ notice buzzing.
11. Fast motion picture is excellent. No artifacts, no ghosting that I have noticed. 2D and 3D.
Updated on Dec 26, 2011
Have a good day!
Updated on Jan 29, 2012Sorry, I must to edit URL
I suggest to check for best deal before you decide at: PN64D7000.happy.to
Pros When working, TV's picture quality is OK (not great).
Cons 1) The biggest con is the reliability and warranty service -- READ BELOW
2) TV does not handle fast-moving images as well as other plasmas.
3) TV does have a brightness problem.
Summary I bought this TV is August 2011 in preparation for football season. When I got it home, I immediately noticed the problems with the brightness and fast moving images but assumed that was acceptable for this level of TV (which I have found out is not a correct assumption).
I would have remained somewhat satisfied, except when watching the Olympics in July 2012, I noticed a single line of pixels was no longer working across the entire picture. It appeared as a black line horizontally across the entire screen. Apparently this has been a very common problem with the small plasmas and you can google and find many reports of it.
I immediately called Samsung (glad that I was still under warranty by two weeks), and was told that I would getting a "replacement" panel. If you are not familiar with a panel replacement, it is 80% of the electronics of your Samsung plasma to include your screen and all of the main hardware of your TV. The only things that get re-used are peripherary hardware such as power supply, WIFI module, bluetooth module, outside plastic bezel, back cover, stand, etc.
So you can imagine my dismay when:
a) I had to wait two weeks for a replacement panel to show up, and they could only replace it on a Saturday or I had to wait several more days
b) it was a refurbished panel -- not a new one
c) the repair technician had only six months of experience working on TVs
d) the repair technician showed up outside of the promised repair window
e) after the replacement panel was powered up -- THE REPLACEMENT WAS DEFECTIVE AS WELL!! This time it was a white vertical line down the screen.
So I called Samsung the next day (Sunday) and they said they could not do anything that day. I called back the next day (Monday) and made it clear that going through the whole exercise again was not an acceptable solution for reasons a through e above and asked them to come up with a different solution. They refused (this was even elevated to "Executive" service). I asked to speak with a supervisor, and they said the best they could do is have a manager call me back within 24-48 hours. UNACCEPTABLE!!!
I just wanted to post this message to give potential samsung customers the other side of the story from an experienced customer. Hopefully it is helpful to you before your purchase.
Samsung, if you want to contact me and provide REAL service to resolve this issue, look up ticket #: 510 394 4444
"Great TV so far"on by drgonzo712
Pros Beautiful picture
Great Color Reproduction
Better than Theater 3D
Cons Brightness Pop Sometimes on Lower Quality video
Summary This is a great TV and the best picture I've ever seen so far. There is some issues with Brightness Pops, however, Samsung said that they will send me a patch fix if it doesn't stop after 50 hours and a calibration. The 3D is magnificent and color reproduction is bar none the best on the market.
Pros Beautiful picture.
No glare when viewed with windows or lights on.
Apps easy to use.
Simple control and can use samsungs app for ios as well.
Cons No web browser but who cares really
Summary Ive had two Samsung 42" plasma's, a 52" LCD, a 58 Samsung plasma and and lg 60 plasma. And this tv blows them all away. Hands down a Samsung masterpiece
Pros Deep blacks.
Cons This unit generates way too much heat that can be felt 12 feet away. Even with the brightness at max, I cannot obtain a satisfactory picture.