Pros See in summary
Cons See in summary
Summary I bought this TV last august the 4th, so it's a really recent purchase. The reasons why I decided to buy it were its size, resolution, and obviously the 3D capability. I didn't think too much about it before, but let me warn you, this TV is FAR BEYOND that. This is an absolutely ultimate technology device, and this why I say it:Sorry, Edit Link
1. The size of the screen is incredible when it comes the time to play games. I have a PlayStation 3 connected to the TV through an HDMI cable, and the colors, resolution, and overall performance of the TV are really out of this world. If you play games in an Full HD widescreen you can really see much more detail than in other TVs, no matter how big they are, which is great if you play Fifa or combat planes related games.
2. To watch a movie, this is like having a real cinema in your own home. We have been watching some BD movies on the TV, and it delivers a detail I hadn't seen before, except in the theaters. The colors are crisp, vivid and real: The black is really black, not a dark gray like on other screens, so the contrast is really, really good.
3. Fortunatelly for us, the TV came with its own 3D glasses set included (2 units), and let me tell you, the 3D experience of this TV is better than the one you can enjoy in your nearest theater, or at least the same, since you're closer to the source. I didn't have to buy a separate Blu-Ray Player since the PlayStation 3 has this feature included, and it also reproduces 3D content (if you didn't know this, now you do). We enjoyed to see "MegaMind" in 3D in our own home... and it was faaar better than watching it on a theater. I couldn't believe it. I tried this with a 3D powered game like Gran Turismo 5, and pfff... I don't really have words to describe it. It's almost like driving in a real race.
4. If you have a laptop, you'll find very interesting that you can connect it to the TV through any of their 4 HDMI ports, and get a great screen to do some work, watch some videos or photographs with your family and friends, or fool around the Internet.
5. When it comes to the smart part, I think this part could have been a little bit better. I don't know how Samsung didn't think in a more intuitive keyboard or a different way to allow users to connect a physical keyboard to the TV (maybe there is a solution out there so I'll have to investigate further, but I think this part can be improved). Maybe this is the only con of the TV, but since its primary function is not this (you can have a computer for that), I will still give it five stars.
I absolutely recommend this item if you're thinking to buy it.
And if you will buy the Samsung UN40D6500 I suggest you have to check for best price before you decide at: www.amazon.com/exec/******/****/B004O77NLE/cnet-offer-20
Updated on Sep 20, 2011
I suggest you have to check for best price before you decide at: ********.com/Samsung-UN40D6500
Updated on Sep 27, 2011Edit Broken Link:
Compare prices before you decide at: http://beam.to/Samsung-UN40D6500