Pros Sharp Picture Quality is always great
3D is awesome
Great Viewing Experience, Especially 3D
Cons Sound isn't great but that's expected
Summary Just got this baby installed to replace a 65 inch Panasonic plasma. U love how all of these dopey industry reviewers like CNET have got this tv dead wrong. They put it on a bench and test its specs, blah, blah, blah. Simply mount this beast on a wall, play your favorite movie, and get totally immersed and blown away because the image is really really good and the size is MASSIVE. This is how content is meant to be viewed:
1. A great viewing experience, especially 3D, is highly correlated to a larger image. It is real simple: you get immersed in a bigger picture than you do a 40 inch picture. For this reason, big tv's like this should be reviewed as providing an extraordinary experience that matches the movie theater experience because the screen is so stinking huge. Don't believe me? Play TRON on the world's best 40 inch tv, or 55 or 65 for that matter and then watch it on this beast. Hands down, you are choosing the 90 inch Sharp. Here's another point: I did a side by side with the Sharp 80 inch, and I still chose the 90 inch. It was simply more immersive
2. It is true it doesn't have the world's most advanced picture, but you won't notice it because you are so immersed in the viewing experience
3. In 30 minutes, I no longer noticed how big this tv was. That is how quickly we got used to viewing it. Our old 65 that it replaces looks so insignificant now
4. For the huge majority of people, projectors are a fussy, royal pain in the ass whose time has come and gone. Comparing this to a projector means you really don't know what you are talking about. Unless you live in a cave, you just aren't going to get the contrast and picture that this thing provides.
5. I bought my Panasonic 65 in 2005. Since then, how many manufacturers have developed bigger tv's than this? Almost no one. Samsung has been sitting on their hands forever. I think they may be launching a 70 inch sometime soon but for some god awful amount of money (I have 4 Samsungs. I know the brand quite well). Sony? Panasonic? No one is going above 65 inches since 2005. Lame. Sharp blew through this barrier and I am really glad they did
6. I almost forgot to mention: the 3D is awesome. Just watched CARS and Harry Potter in 3D and everyone who watched it preferred 3D to 2D. Now I have to figure how to get 3D content without buying overpriced DVDs
I actually believe this tv is a steal. I bought it online at EastCoast TVs for 8K and plan on having it for probably the next 7-8 years. 15 people in my great room can all sit on the couch and watch this thing at the same time. It really is a great value.
Note: we suggest check for low price at: slimled-hdtvs.blogspot.com/p/sharp-lc-90le745u.html
We are thrilled with our choice.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Get free shipping on orders over $25.00||Yes|| |
|Free Shipping on all Orders!||Yes|| |
|See all prices|