Pros + Superb Picture Quality
+ Really deep blacks
+ SMART TV Options: Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc
+ Sound is good, loud & clear
+ Price is very good
Cons - Some glare in bright room
- Can't rename channels
- No channel favorites
Summary In general - if you want quality - you usually don't get it cheap. But with VIZIO - specially with this specific model - it's great in every way, and still priced REALLY LOW - specially considering all the features included!
I have always bought higher end TVs - by Samsung & Sony. They do deliver quality - but their prices are also on the much higher side. I needed to buy another TV - for my basement den/office. I did not want to spend much - as my primary TVs were in the living room & bedroom - both LEDs - one by Sony, one by Samsung. After checking out a lot of reviews, I decided to go for this TV.
Well, to keep it short, this TV has EVERYTHING :
- Superb Picture Quality.
- Really pure Whites : Almost none of the low/medium price TVs are able to deliver proper whites. But this one produces really accurate whites.
- Really deep blacks. OK - perhaps not AS deep as those high end LEDs with local dimming, but no casual viewer can tell the difference. I actually do look very carefully - but even I will not be able to casually notice the difference. Infact, when blacks are REALLY deep - there is a problem too - details in the dark areas of the picture are rendered completely black too - destroying picture details ....so I actually prefer a level of darkness not intensely black.
- SMART TV Options : It has them all ! ....Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc etc. The SMART OPTIONs INTERFACE is slightly slow to maneuver, but once the videos are started - they play flawlessly. Connecting to my wireless network was easy.
- REMOTE : Well, if you are going to be extensively using the smart feature - for using with Youtube / Netflix etc - you may want to buy a remote which comes with a QWERTY keyboard on the reverse side. These are available really cheap - on Amazon or eBay. I bought a used one for just over $10 - and it works perfectly. The remote included has everything - but lacks the QWERTY keyboard.
- SOUND : Sound is good - loud & clear - vocals are clearly heard. However, if you are seriously into great sound quality - you may want to buy & connect an additional sound-bar, or an external sound system.
I set the picture to VIVID - with GAME MODE enabled. That got me the best picture quality as per my taste. You will have to play around with the settings for a while to get the right picture quality. Out-of-the-box settings are not optimum.
120Hz is claimed - though it is not a true 120hz. I have SAMSUNG'S high end 120hz TV - and though there is a little difference in very fast motion - but you have to actually look for it to notice it.
Overall - for the price, this is a SUPERB DEAL & a SUPERB TV ! Specially as your secondary TV, or TV for the kid's room.
PS: I suggest to check it's best price at: hdtvscost.blogspot.com/p/vizio-e390i-a1.html