"Excellent Picture!"5.0 starson by ShannonLCD
Pros: + Picture quality is outstanding
+ Tons of inputs.
+ Low Price for backlit LED
+ Excellent matte screen surface with little to no glare from lamps, windows
+ Internet Aps are handy.
+ Remote Control and TV Setup menus easy to use
Cons: - Freezes Up Constantly
- Screen scrambles on cold starts
- Halo effect when viewing at an angle
Summary: We have had this TV for three weeks. It replaces a Vizio 50" Plasma purchased 4 years ago that died.I suggest for best deal at -> www.amazon .com/dp/B003GDHI12/?tag=***************
- Picture quality is outstanding. Very dark black with no visible back-lighting. NFL games and fast-action video work great. Side-angle viewing is good with this TV.
- Tons of inputs.
- Vizio Support answers the phone promptly. They're helpful and courteous.
- Excellent matte screen surface with little to no glare from lamps, windows, and doors. Because of the matte finish, we opted to move our TV location perpendicular to a an 8ft sliding glass door out to the pool. We have had no problems with light or glare degrading picture quality. In contrast, this door would have caused extreme glare on the slick surface of the plasma, while also washing out the picture.
- Internet Aps are handy. Neflix is the one we use primarily. Because the TV is now the sound source, an Optical Cable is needed for connection to the Receiver. Once setup, sound and picture quality are outstanding. Getting to a list of movies with the VIA button on the remote takes only a couple of clicks. The NetFlix ap works so well, we barely use our media computer hooked up to the system.
- Remote Control and TV Setup menus on the unit are intuitive, easy to use, and graphically well done. The TV picture quality was great for us out of the box, requiring no adjustments. Remote control setup via the on-screen configuration automatically tries codes and only requires the user to click "worked" / "didn't work" in order to cycle through and find the right code. Best remote setup I've ever seen.
- Remote Control itself is nearly perfect. Well-spaced buttons that are easy to read and arranged logically and in similar locations to other DVR's. Physical size is ideal, Not too long like many remotes. Keyboard flip out is a fantastic addition.
- TV mounts to a wall without any problems. (We used the Vizio XMA 1200--worst user manual I've ever encountered) The unit is surprisingly light, given the TV's size. Still best to have two people when hanging the unit on the wall.
- Because our previous Vizio died after only 4 years, we bought a 4-year Square Trade warranty from Amazon (STAY AWAY FROM ALL WARRANTIES BY THE COMPANY "NEW"). Our Sams Club warranty was through NEW. A month of being hassled resulted in our TV being picked up and taken to a local shop. After another 10 days NEW gave us an undetermined ETA on Parts for the repair. We called SAMS CLUB and explained our warranty nightmare. Sams Club Manager told me to bring in the TV.
NEW Refused to give the TV back. I found a phone number to the shop they contracted out and was able to get a address, then go pickup the TV myself. Sams Club gave us a full-refund! Avoid NEW. Vizio also offers a similarly priced warranty extension. There is paperwork in the box for purchasing this product from Vizio.
- We're very happy with the TV.
*** P.S. If you will buy this TV I suggest you have a compare price before you decide at: www.amazon.com/gp/*************?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%****%2Foffer-listing%2FB003GDHI12%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Ddp_olp_new%26condition%3Dnew&tag=***************&********=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957
Updated on Jan 15, 2012
Updated on Jan 31, 2012Edit URL
I suggest for best deal at: VIZIO-XVT553SV.hot.to