"Great looking earpiece that matches my Pearl"4.5 starson by rachsm
Pros: Love the looks
Cons: The clip is more for the guys, what's for the gals
Summary: Just to share my experience.
I own a Blackberry and was given the z9 as a gift.
My first impression was that the audio quality was good, but not quite near what the reviewer’s claimed.
I then spoke to customer service at Blueant who was really helpful. I was advised to turn the echo and auto volume control off on my BB as both the phone and headset noise cancellation would cancel each other out.
Now, I would give it an 8 for audio quality especially when driving with the music on and a 9 for its looks and comfort.
This was the advice given by Blueant customer service on how to optimize the audio quality.
1. Whilst the Z9 is connected to the handset, enter the Bluetooth Setup menu and scroll down to the ‘BlueAnt Z9‘ device.
2. Whilst ‘BlueAnt Z9’ is highlighted, click the menu options button and select ‘Device Properties’
3. Scroll down to ‘Echo Control’ and set to the off position
4. In this same screen, some Blackberry Handsets also have an item called ‘Automatic Volume Control’. If this is present, please also set it to the off position.
5. Save the settings and you are right to go.