"The best, most comfortable headset I've ever owned!"5.0 starson by liv4rok
Pros: Sound quality, price, design, comfort, battery
Cons: I really don't have any complaints.
Summary: I have tried multiple headsets (wired and bluetooth) over the years and this is by far the best purchase I've made...ever (not just on headsets)!
- Appearance: Sure, it looks a little different because you wear the controls around your neck so you may get some strange looks at first because you look like something out of a sci-fi movie, but trust me, it's worth it! But you won't get a line over your head like some headphones or a painful ear from some over or in-ear models.
- Sound quality: The main reason I purchased this was to listen to internet radio via a bluetooth headset because I was so sick of catching my headphone cord on my keyboard or the arm on my chair! So the headset HAD to be good sound quality and it is! I even wore these for a couple hours of major dentistry and a couple hours of getting a tattoo and it efficiently drowned out the surrounding noise. To be honest, I only used the headset a few times for actual phone calls but I had great results with that as well. Good sound quality out as well as clear audio on my side of the conversation as well.
- Versatile: I also only wear an earbud in one ear at work so I can hear other and answer phone calls so the design of the HBS-700 is perfect because the earbud that's not in use can be held by way of a magnetized recess in each end of the "base" and there are little clips on the band that you can slide to adjust the wire length so the unused earbud isn't just dangling free. At first I was a little worried about the loop of wire catching on things, but the great thing is that because the earbud is held in by magnets rather than another connection method, if the wire does get caught, the earbud just pulls from the magnet so it's pretty impossible to snag these.
- Comfortable: The band you wear around your neck is a soft "rubbery" material but, for people with long hair (Mine is almost down to my tail bone), it is not sticky and your hair will not get caught! The earbuds themselves are super comfortable and can be easily worn throughout an entire 10+ hour work day!
- Battery: If I charged the headset overnight I was good to go all day long (so 10+ hours of solid usage on one charge). I got lucky and the Micro USB charger was the same as my phone so I was able to use my wall charger, car charge or USB cable for this headset. It also has an on/off slide switch so there's no question if you held the button in long enough to turn it off or maybe double pressed it and called someone like other headsets.
- Ease of use: The controls are very easy. The controls can be used for your phone calls; answer/drop call, voice commands, volume, etc. Also, when listening to music, I could control the volume, play/pause, or even skip to the next song right from the controls around my neck!
- Range: It has a decent range where I could walk to the printer and mailroom a couple cubes down with no problem. I did find, however, that if I was wearing the headset and I went out of range the Bluetooth would disconnect and the music would blast out of my phone that was still on my desk! OOPS! Needless to say I remembered to take the headset off when I walked to the bathroom after that only happened once!
My car was stolen and as much as I was upset and depressed about that, one of the first things I thought about was that my LG HBS-700 headset was in my car! I obviously have some other expenses at the moment but as soon as I can I will be getting a replacement for my beloved headset! I was spoiled by it and now I'm stuck with a standard wired set!
Personally, I would recommend this headset to anyone that wants wireless stereo high-quality audio. It's a lot cheaper than many Bluetooth headphones out there and you can use it for calls, too!