Pros Looks OK, nice color
Cons 1. Faulty sound and difficulty syncing with TV
2. Refused to eject until left unplugged or coaxed to work.
3. Finally ate my version of Avatar and refused to eject at 17 months. Consumer protection spoke to them and they refused to repair.
Summary Product was faulty from the beginning and just got worse until it died. Woudn't touch another Samsung product. Will be sticking with Panasonic and Sony products in future, as they realise that the customer experience doesn't end at the design stage, and a happy customer is a customer for life.
Pros Excellent set of features and nice designing.
Cons Our HT-BD8200 would power on and off at unexplained times. Working with tech support, it was determined the box would need to be returned.
Summary Our experience with Samsung customer support has been MISERABLE. Purchased the device in August and used it for 3 weeks or so before being instructed to ship it back. A replacement was approved on October 13. As of December 15, we are still awaiting a replacement device. A half dozen calls over this two month period have produced a variety of unfulfilled promises. Escalated to the supervisors and still found no one will to take ownership and resolve this situation. Finally requested a simple refund only to be told that this process would take a couple of weeks starting with an amazing 2 day process to stop the replacement process, because there was NO WAY TO CALL the shipping replacement center. Still trying to find a way out of this quicksand of AWFUL support, I asked to simply have my original malfunctioning device returned to me. Was informed that was yet another impossible mission. We have family coming for the holidays. At this point, we have no DVD player for the kids. Am considering passing out binoculars to the kids and hoping that the neighbors across the way are watching some interesting programs. In summary, dealing with Samsung customer support has been a NIGHTMARE.
Pros Boasts a lot of features: BluRay, Streaming Netflix, Pandora, iPod dock and a sleek design
Cons Speaker quality is poor, and you don't have a lot of options to adjust the sound. The streaming movies and music is slow and sloppy. The BluRay player was faulty brand new out of the box. Costly...$800!!!
Summary "I purchased this product a couple weeks ago. I did my research and waited for the ideal product for what I was looking for. This product boasts a lot, but fails to follow through.
- BluRay player was faulty right out of the box
- streaming movies and music glithces and freezes and the navigational features malfunction
- Sound is awful, subwoofer is too loud and the high levels are quiet. On top of that the options to adjust the audio are inadequate, all you can do is increase or decrease the decibles on the bar and subwoofer....which doesn't do anything for the awful mix levels.
- inputs are minimal, you only have an optical in for audio and THAT"S IT!! This means that you have to run your cable and any other device to your TV then run the optical cable to the speaker unit. Why don't they have the inputs to receive all devices to the unit and then only need to run the video to the TV? This wouldn't be an issue exect the sound quality is poor going to the TV then to the unit and there is no way to adjust it properly.
On top of all that, I tried calling in to Customer Support to get a replacement or have them fix mine...(remember the blu-ray player doesn't work) and they say they can't just send a replacement, I have to pay to ship it to them and wait a 3-4 weeks for them to fix it and get it back to me. i tell them I am not paying for faulty brand new equipment, they say they will send me a pre-paid shipping label and I would have it by email in a few minutes. It has now been over a week and dozens of phone calls and I still don't have it.
All this could be overlooked if I paid very little for this sleek, feature rich peice of trash...but it's $800!!!!!
Samsung Customer Care is the worst I've seen in a while AND this product is a total RIP OFF!!!!"