"Disgaraceful!"0.5 starson by HerrGarman
Pros: easy installation
Cons: too easy installation, gruesome API, resource intence, Lack of granularity and control, poor performance
Summary: The security camp is split by the middle.
Middle is wishful thinking - this looks rather grim
10% are those who do the job properly, such as Cisco, Kerio, Trend Micro, Agnitum, Cyberguard.
Then there are the other 90% who are in for a quick money grab - Norton, Juniper, Checkpoint, McAfee and ofcourse ZoneLabs.
ZoneAlarm Pro is a perfect example of that. With PRO extension you would expect a professional product, but what you get is half decent API, few wizards and pathetic performance.
If you still would like to go ahead and use it, do so at your own peril. But perhaps before you do, ask yourself few questions:
1. Do I want all my TCP connections to be constantly reset after certain interval?
2. Do I want my firewall software to freeze my system when I start a game, because switching screens will prevent me from creating a rule?
3. Do I want to restart my computer after every antivirus uppdate?
4. Do I realy trust the firewall's simple allow/block programs when I need to create explicit rules?
5. Do I realy need the firewall which can be bypassed using browser component?
6. Do I realy need the firewall which offers IM security, but doesn't work with Trillian or Miranda IM?
7. Do I need spam filer with the firewall which locks Outlook process even after you exit Outlook?
In the end, ask yourself: Does this product realy enhance security, when after creating this many problems all you want to do is just disable it?
MCSE, CCNA, CCSP