"Apple Giveth and Apple Taketh Away"4.5 starson by talmy
Pros: Return of firewire, display improved, high capacity + long life battery, SD card reader, less expensive than model it replaced. Buttonless trackpad is fantastic (you just pretend there is a button and it works smoothly)
Cons: Mini-display-port yet another display interface, glossy display
Summary: Bought to replace White MacBook I toasted last week. Everyone will rave about the new features but some things are gone and will be missed, but not talked about:Ops -- it does have a battery gauge. It's just well hidden in that block of aluminum.
1. No battery gauge. You now have to turn on the computer to see the battery charge.
2. Sure the price went down, but that's because it went up when they introduced the unibody aluminum. Now it's back to where it was as a White MacBook.
3. It's now a "Pro" but they put in an SD card reader when Pro and enthusiast camera gear still uses CF cards.
4. DisplayPort doesn't offer analog video out to connect to older TVs in motels.
5. Why can't they bundle iWork in the package like they used to bundle AppleWorks?
If it is a premium product, why doesn't it come with a 3 year warranty standard?
Bottom line is I really do love it, and didn't consider for a second buying a Windows notebook to replace my killed White MacBook.
Updated on Jun 14, 2009