"Faulty, defective Wifi and USB 3.0."0.5 starson by jamestheuser
Pros: None. This is without a doubt the worst computer you can purchase. I have no idea why people are giving this positive reviews.
Cons: 1. Wifi is defective
2. the defective Wifi CAN NOT BE FIXED -
3. USB 3.0 conflicts with sound production
4. Dell customer support - they continue to sell this even though they know it is defective
Summary: Purchased this computer as a high-end, laptop for use in music recording. Without a doubt, the biggest mistake i ever made. I wish I looked into this more. Please Note:
1) the Wifi is FAULTY in this machine. Dell knows this and has known it for ages, yet continue to sell the computer. the Wifi doesn't work, regardless if they say they "Update" the drivers. it is NOT a driver issue. I spent over 15 hours on with tech support, some at Dell even admit this. The offered me to Replaed the Wifi Modem, i did. STILL DOES NOT WORK. It cuts in and out, poor signal, etc. Dell basically gave me the run around, telling me to update drivers/replace/etc and then, the admitted (the tech support) that there is a problem, yet REFUSE to refund/exchange the computer.
2. The hardware/USB 3.0 and wifi are conflicting and cause major sound production issues. You can't use this for sound production and even when listening to simple things like Itunes, you hear clicks, clips, etc. Awful...There is no fix for this.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY. Dell knows this is a problem, yet continue to sell this and tell people it can be fixed. Do a search online, you'
ll see that everyone is having this problem and there is no fix.