"Better Price/Performance value than MacBook Air"5.0 starson by WashableAnkle
Pros: Please look at summary
Cons: Please look at summary
Summary: Let me hold your hand and walk you through why many people have not adequately explained the $350 price delta. The MBA retails for $1299.00. Now, add $100.00 to bring it from 2 GB to 4GB of RAM. Now, add an Apple extended warranty for an additional 2 years to bring it up to a total of 3 years (to match the Samsung) for $250.00. This brings the MBA to a total of $1649.00. You can purchase a Samsung Series 9 laptop for $1599.00 from Amazon.com.
Oh wait, I forgot a few things:
1. the Samsung has a back lit keyboard
2. the Samsung has a processor that is two generations ahead of the MBA's Core 2 Duo (the Core i5 allows for four simultaneous threads, not just two, and over-clocks based on processing demand up to 2.3 GHz--meanwhile, the Core 2 Duo in the configured MBA mentioned above is stuck at 1.86 GHz)
3. the Samsung has better wireless connectivity options: Bluetooth 3.0 and WiMax 4G connectivity (neither of which are on the MBA)
4. Duralumin is 2x stronger than aluminum (more expensive too)
5. the Samsung has a MATTE screen, not glossy (which has been a common complaint on Apple's screens) and has a much brighter screen which will save battery life (since it does not have to be set as high to match the MBA--unfortunately the review testing the battery life here is flawed in this respect)
If all this does not add more value than the MBA over and above the similarly configured system I mentioned above then you have confirmed that your opinion is biased and not subjective.
A side note: I love Apple products and I would consider myself an Apple fanboy. I have owned an iPhone 1, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 (including several iPods). Everyone in my family has one too. In this case, Samsung is clearly the winner for bringing the best ultra-portable to market. Who knows, in 6-10 months Apple will probably swing back with a hard punch when it refreshes its MBA line and it completely dominates the Samsung. But for now, the Samsung Series 9 is king.